TurnersAntics

Turner's Antics

Day in the life of a Mum with 3 kids and loves to read! With my many gadgets.

5* Novella Review of Savage Chains 1-3 by Caris Roane

This review will be a combined review for Savage Chains 1, 2 and 3. Below you will find each novella and my review below them.

savage chains 1Title: Savage Chains 1: Captured
Series: Men In Chains #1.5
Publisher: St Martin's Griffin
Released: 27th May 2014
Format: eGalley
Source: via Publisher on NetGalley - thank you.

An undercover operative, Reyes is posing as a buyer to bring down an illegal sex-slavery ring operating out of vampire BDSM clubs. His mission—to infiltrate the inner circle and destroy them from the inside out—becomes infinitely more difficult when he recognizes the prize attraction at a slave auction: Angelica, the woman who stole his heart years ago. Against his better judgment, he buys her in order to save her from the club's brutal customers. But now the woman who holds his heart despises him, believing he's one of the human traffickers he's out to destroy. But can he tell his beautiful captive the truth and risk everything?

savage chains 2

Title: Savage Chains 2: Scarred
Series: Men In Chains #1.6
Publisher: St Martin's Griffin
Released: 10th June 2014
Source: via Publisher on NetGalley - thank you

Angelica has a choice: leave the vampire BDSM club where she was held captive and sold as a sex slave, or stay and help Reyes bring down the men who captured her. But if she stays, she must help Reyes complete his undercover mission by posing as his sex slave...which brings her deeper into the perilous underground world of vampire sex clubs.

What she never expects is to get lost in the sensuality of the clubs...and lose herself in her role as Reyes' captive. But there's no disguising the brutality of the sex-slave community, and soon Angela begins to question whether Reyes is really who he says he is...and where she belongs.

savage chains 3Title: Savage Chains 3: Shattered
Series: Men In Chains #1.7
Publisher: St Martin's Griffin
Released: 24th June 2014
Source: via Publisher on NetGalley - thank you

Faced with the scars of his brutal past, Reyes must find a way to complete his mission and defeat an old enemy while keeping Angelica safe. Bringing down the slavery ring is a personal quest for him—even if it requires intense brutality and bloodshed—something he hopes Angelica will understand and accept. But will his search for vengeance cost him the one woman he's ever truly loved?

My Review

I originally found this series on NetGalley and quickly snapped it up, Born in Chains is the first and is a unique and steamy vampire romance series. This review will be for all three Savage Chains novella’s that are quick reads and introduce us to Brogan and Angelica and the world of the vampire slave trade. They were all thoroughly enjoyable and I loved Brogan’s tough exterior but gentle heart towards Angelica.

Angelica is an accountant at a big firm, but has become bored with her life. After a little excitement and knowing there is usually a big strapping handsome man at Ocean Briggs, Angelica heads for a night of exhilaration. Talking with the bartender, Marcus, they discuss Brogan and Angelica is determined to meet this man. Marcus tells her what he knows of Brogan, which isn’t much. He meets with shady men, but seems to treat women well.

Brogan enters the club and zeroes in on Angelica. She builds her courage and heads to introduce herself. Brogan is all attitude and tells her it’s too dangerous for her to be there and to leave. Angelica kisses him and knows he’s interested, but still he pushes her away. Leaving embarrassed and humiliated, Angelica heads for her car, but has second thoughts and knows Brogan is who she wants.

Just as she is about to re-enter the club, two guys grab her, something is put over her nose and she blacks out. Angelica awakes to a horrific nightmare; she is bound by her arms and has been drugged to keep her docile. A woman is in the cell starts torturing her to see what Angelica’s limits are. The pain is so intense that Angelica blacks out again.

Brogan is in a club witnessing some horrific acts of torture to human slaves by vampires. He is trying to prove to the Starlin Group that he is a worthy member. Knowing he is being watched, Brogan gets some attention from a slave waitressing and that seems to be the winner. He receives the invitation he’s been working years towards. Now he can start to unravel the group and bring down Scorpion.

Brogan is at his first auction and is ready to buy his first slave. He is networking around the room looking at pictures of the potential slaves when he discovers Angelica’s picture is amongst them. Shocked to see her there, he doesn’t know what to do, obviously she was captured, his warning to her didn’t help.

Angelica is showing how feisty she is and the Starlin members are all eager to own her. Engles is the front man for Starlin and warned Brogan away, but when Angelica recognises Brogan in the crowd, her anger is immeasurable. Brogan has to win the bid on her, no matter the cost, he couldn’t live with himself if a real monster owned, tortured and killed her.

Brogan wins the bid, but now the real test begins. He has to show his dominance towards Angelica and it pains him to hurt her. In the end it will help her though and takes her back to his house.

In the coming instalments, Brogan has to attend events with Angelica in tow in costume. She also has to perform in front of people and surprises Brogan at every turn. The more time they spend together, the more they realise there is more than meets the eye.

Will Angelica be able to return to her normal hum drum life of money and numbers after experiencing a totally different world with Brogan? Will Brogan be able to let her go back after their intimate lifestyle the past few months? Can Brogan bring down the Starlin Group without getting Angelica or himself killed?

All three were fantastic, full on action, hot steamy scenes and horrific torture. I fell in love with Brogan and Angelica, they were so full of life, with pure intent and determination to make things right. I am really looking forward to reading more from this series, Caris Roane has a fantastic easy reading style that keeps me captivated from page one until the end. All adult vampire romance enthusiasts should pick up this series.
5 TORTURED HEARTS

5 TORTURED HEARTS
1a632-add-to-goodreads-button3

hearts

About the Author

caris roaneHi, Everyone! Caris Roane here! I’m a USA Today Bestselling Author and I write super-sexy paranormal romance fiction designed to be as much an adventure as a soul-satisfying experience. With every book I write, I try to give a taste of real life, despite the fact that I’m writing about hunky vampire warriors. You’ll come away engrossed in the lives of my vampires as they wage war, as they make love, and as they answer the tough questions of life in terms of purpose, eternity, and how to raise a family! I began my career with Kensington Publishing writing Regency Romance as Valerie King. In 2005, Romantic Times Magazine honored me with a career achievement award in Regency Romance. I’ve published fourteen paranormal novels to-date, some self-published and some for St. Martin’s Press! I’ve also branched out into Contemporary Romance with A SEDUCTIVE PROPOSITION!

StMartinsPress