TurnersAntics

Turner's Antics

Day in the life of a Mum with 3 kids and loves to read! With my many gadgets.

5* Book Review of Found In Us by Layla Hagen

FoundInUsTourBanner
Layla Hagen is one talented lady, I love this series and cannot wait to read more from her.
foundinus cover

Found in Us (Lost #2)

by Layla Hagen
Publication date: 24th July 2014
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance

**This can be read as a STANDALONE. The second book in the Lost series tells Jessica and Parker’s story.**

All Jessica wants -as a college graduate — is to be a good girl. She landed the job of her dreams at a museum and is trying to eliminate temptations. No more short skirts (when she can help it). No wild parties. And no men.

She particularly excels at that last thing. . .

Until her path crosses Parker’s. Again. Jessica remembers the last time their paths crossed very well. She was left with a seriously bruised ego. She knows it would be best to avoid him altogether. But the charming Brit makes it hard for her to elude his electrifying pull. He is as irresistible as he is captivating.

And enigmatic.

Because underneath the sleek Armani suit and the sweet British accent that makes her crave his touch, Parker isn’t the perfect gentleman everyone thinks he is.

He’s exactly what Jessica doesn’t want, but desperately needs.
A bad, bad boy.

1a632-add-to-goodreads-button3

hearts

My Review

I love Layla Hagen, her books are fantastically written, with fun characters and a premise that kept me hooked throughout. I was super excited to read Found In Us after loving Lost In Us and definitely wasn’t disappointed. Having the typical rich boy with commitment issues and a wild girl that wants to change her life, Found In Us was exciting, intriguing and enjoyable.

Jessica Haydn is the typical bad girl, always out partying, never taking anything in life seriously and always getting into trouble. When Parker Blakesley was visiting California, he rescued the damsel in distress and they quickly became friends. Jessica and Parker have a chemistry that cannot be ignored and when Jessica suggested something more Parker ran.

Now Jessica has graduated college, she is determined to escape her Father’s disappointment and change her life by changing the city she lives in. Now living in London, Jessica shares an apartment with Dani, Parker’s cousin.  Ever since Jessica arrived a couple of months ago, she has avoided seeing him, humiliated and embarrassed by their last encounter.

Parker believes he’s not a gentleman, he’s just very good at pretending to be one. His life has been anything but privileged with a Mother that is bitter and a half-brother that’s competitive and irresponsible. Parker is known for his womanising, but being a CEO and investor to multiple companies does make trusting women difficult.

Parker tries to stay away from Jessica, but her magnetism draws him to her. She brings out the worst of him and that scares Parker, he always has to be in control.  Parker comes up with wonders that Jessica should experience while in London, the first being the Opera. Parker can’t help himself and has to touch her, but will they open their hearts enough to let the other in?

Jessica knows that Parker is a gentleman, he is so thoughtful towards her and she tries to show Parker just how much a good man he really is.

It seems that Jessica is hiding a secret and Parker has his own undisclosed past. The only problem is, secrets don’t stay hidden for long and the more time Parker and Jessica spend together, the more likely the secrets will sneak up on them.

“Bad girls don’t make good girlfriends.”

Can Jessica finally have a man that respects and loves her? Will Parker let his heart rule over his head where Jessica is concerned? What was so bad that they both kept secrets from everyone in their lives?

This series is a must read for all new adult readers. Ms Hagen, I just don’t have enough words to describe how good this book is without giving away all of the fun, steamy and intriguing parts. My exact words after finishing this book:

I LOVE THIS AUTHOR, LAYLA IS AMAZING – SUCH A GOOD BOOK!

NO DRAGGING ON; NO BORING BITS; FUN; CHARACTERS ARE INTERESTING & I WANT MORE!!

5 AMAZING HEARTS

5 AMAZING HEARTS
12f31-hearts

Other books in the series:

You can read my review of Lost In Us HERE.

12f31-hearts

About the Author

LaylaPicMy name is Layla Hagen and I am a New Adult Contemporary Romance author.

I fell in love with books when I was nine years old, and my love affair with stories continues even now, many years later.

I write romantic stories and can’t wait to share them with the world.

And I drink coffee. Lots of it, in case the photo didn’t make it obvious enough.

WebsiteGoodreadsFacebookTwitter