TurnersAntics

Turner's Antics

Day in the life of a Mum with 3 kids and loves to read! With my many gadgets.

5* Book Review of Riding Steele #2: Untamed by Opal Carew

Summary: Being kidnapped by bikers is a harrowing experience, but for some reason, Laurie doesn’t feel as terrified as she should. The leader’s steely eyes soften when he looks at her, and the others in his gang clearly know she’s hands off. But does that include Steele's hands? Her brain resists him, but her body insists she wants those big hands all over her.

Steele doesn’t know how he wound up in this mess–with a kidnapped woman on his hands and the police hot on their trail. Now he and Laurie are in hiding at an isolated cabin, and Steele has to figure out how to extricate himself...and steer clear of his accidental captive whose tight, slinky clubbing attire is making him think all kinds of dangerous thoughts…

RidingSteele2Title: Untamed
Series: Riding Steele #2; Ready to Ride #3
Author: Opal Carew
Publisher: St Martin's Press
Released: 4th November 2014
Genre: Erotic Romance
Format: eGalley
Source: via Publisher on NetGalley - thank you!

**This review will contain spoilers for Riding Steele #1: Kidnapped – please beware**

Untamed is book two in the Riding Steele serial series. I have to admit this is where the heat picks up. Laurie tries to use her head over what her body wants, but she soon realises that it’s hard to resist a hot dominant biker.

Laurie is determined to escape, she doesn’t want to be held against her will with a bunch of bikers. Even though Donovan will be looking for her, Laurie wants her freedom and doesn’t realise she would be safer with Steele than on her own.

Steele is trying to convince Laurie he won’t hurt her, he won’t force her to do anything she doesn’t want to do, but Laurie’s traumatic few months has done a real number on her.

Laurie meets the rest of the crew and Raven is the only other woman around. When she has a chance, Laurie makes a run for it and ends up hiding in some trees. Raven is swimming and two guys sneak up on her, Laurie is torn, does she help Raven or keep running?

Doing the right thing, Laurie runs smack into Steele and tells him Raven is in trouble. They sneak up and watch what’s happening in the lake, but Steele isn’t stopping them, he’s just watching. Why won’t Steele help Raven? Will Laurie give in to her growing needs? Will Steele prove he isn’t the ogre Laurie thinks he is?

Follow this next instalment to get more insight into what makes Steele tick and if Laurie gives into temptation. Another great intense read by Opal Carew and I recommend this series to all adult readers wanting hot bikers, stimulating intrigue and heart pumping scorching hot scenes.
5 GREAT INTRO HEARTS

5 HEART PUMPING HOT BIKER HEARTS
1a632-add-to-goodreads-button3

hearts

THE SERIES:

12f31-hearts

About the Author

OpalHi. I’m Opal Carew and I write erotic romance for St. Martin’s Press.

I’ve been writing since 1993, though originally I wrote futuristic, urban fantasy, science fiction, paranormal and contemporary romance. These stories are set in the present, future, or alternate realities and most of my stories are steamy. I am now republishing these under the name Amber Carew.

As Opal Carew, I write erotic romances which always have a romance and a happy ending.

So why do I like writing erotic romance? I like being able to push beyond traditional boundaries. I like dealing with a woman who is growing and evolving – questioning her sexual boundaries and pushing past them. I have been writing stories that involve multiple characters and it’s fascinating to work with the interactions between them. What fun to write a heroine choosing between two equally appealing heroes?  My current project involves a group of several people who interact sexually and I find the scenario an enjoyable challenge.

I try to keep my characters real. I like to have a heroine with whom the reader can empathize. These aren’t women who just jump into bed with anyone. They find themselves in an unusual situation – something exciting and erotic – but a situation where they have to push themselves beyond their comfort level. As a result, they grow as a person. So often fear holds us back – of what others will think of us, of what we will think about ourselves – and we don’t follow our hearts. These women push past that fear.

~ courtesy of Opal's website