TurnersAntics

Turner's Antics

Day in the life of a Mum with 3 kids and loves to read! With my many gadgets.

5* Book Review of Riding Steele #3: Collide by Opal Carew

Summary: Being kidnapped by bikers is a harrowing experience, but for some reason, Laurie doesn’t feel as terrified as she should. The leader’s steely eyes soften when he looks at her, and the others in his gang clearly know she’s hands off. But does that include Steele's hands? Her brain resists him, but her body insists she wants those big hands all over her.

Steele doesn’t know how he wound up in this mess–with a kidnapped woman on his hands and the police hot on their trail. Now he and Laurie are in hiding at an isolated cabin, and Steele has to figure out how to extricate himself...and steer clear of his accidental captive whose tight, slinky clubbing attire is making him think all kinds of dangerous thoughts…

collideTitle: Collide
Series: Riding Steele #3; Ready to Ride #3
Author: Opal Carew
Publisher: St Martin's Press
Released: 11th November 2014
Genre: Erotic Romance
Format: eGalley
Source: via Publisher on NetGalley - thank you!

**Please beware that there will be spoilers for Kidnapped and Untamed**

Collide is the third book in the Riding Steele serial series and another fantastic instalment. In this one we discover who Donovan really is and what he is capable of. Now Laurie is actually worried for her life.

Maybe now Laurie will realise that she is safer with Steele and his crew than out in the world for Donovan to find and punish. Steele tries to connect with Laurie again, he’s being mister sensitive and asks her to share with him what went wrong with Donovan. When she breaks down, Steele pulls her into his lap where she proceeds to sob, but one thing she does realise, she is definitely safer in Steele’s arms.

Laurie still can’t give in to her body’s needs with Steele, every time they begin, she panics thinking back to Donovan. Steele is becoming so frustrated with Laurie and the only thing he can do is ride. Steele rides off to cool down and Laurie feels awful that she’s driven him away.

Laurie comes up with an idea on how she might be able to overcome her apprehension of intimacy and gets Raven’s help. Will Laurie overcome her fear and give in to her desire? Will Steele find his patience and let Laurie dictate what she wants? What is happening with the whole Donovan debacle?

Another quick and intense instalment. I am really enjoying Opal Carew’s writing style and I am totally addicted to the serial style series. I highly recommend this series to all adult erotic readers that are wanting muscled up, well-endowed bikers, intrigue and loyalty beyond compare.
5 GREAT INTRO HEARTS

5 AWESOME STEELE HEARTS
1a632-add-to-goodreads-button3

hearts

THE SERIES:

12f31-hearts

About the Author

OpalHi. I’m Opal Carew and I write erotic romance for St. Martin’s Press.

I’ve been writing since 1993, though originally I wrote futuristic, urban fantasy, science fiction, paranormal and contemporary romance. These stories are set in the present, future, or alternate realities and most of my stories are steamy. I am now republishing these under the name Amber Carew.

As Opal Carew, I write erotic romances which always have a romance and a happy ending.

So why do I like writing erotic romance? I like being able to push beyond traditional boundaries. I like dealing with a woman who is growing and evolving – questioning her sexual boundaries and pushing past them. I have been writing stories that involve multiple characters and it’s fascinating to work with the interactions between them. What fun to write a heroine choosing between two equally appealing heroes?  My current project involves a group of several people who interact sexually and I find the scenario an enjoyable challenge.

I try to keep my characters real. I like to have a heroine with whom the reader can empathize. These aren’t women who just jump into bed with anyone. They find themselves in an unusual situation – something exciting and erotic – but a situation where they have to push themselves beyond their comfort level. As a result, they grow as a person. So often fear holds us back – of what others will think of us, of what we will think about ourselves – and we don’t follow our hearts. These women push past that fear.

~ courtesy of Opal's website