TurnersAntics

Turner's Antics

Day in the life of a Mum with 3 kids and loves to read! With my many gadgets.

5* Book Review of Riding Steele #6: Aftershock by Opal Carew

Summary: Being kidnapped by bikers is a harrowing experience, but for some reason, Laurie doesn’t feel as terrified as she should. The leader’s steely eyes soften when he looks at her, and the others in his gang clearly know she’s hands off. But does that include Steele's hands? Her brain resists him, but her body insists she wants those big hands all over her.

Steele doesn’t know how he wound up in this mess–with a kidnapped woman on his hands and the police hot on their trail. Now he and Laurie are in hiding at an isolated cabin, and Steele has to figure out how to extricate himself...and steer clear of his accidental captive whose tight, slinky clubbing attire is making him think all kinds of dangerous thoughts…

aftershockTitle: Aftershock
Series: Riding Steele #6; Ready to Ride #3
Author: Opal Carew
Publisher: St Martin's Press
Released: 2nd December 2014
Genre: Erotic Romance
Format: eGalley
Source: via Publisher on NetGalley - thank you!

**Please note this review will have spoilers for Riding Steele #1-5 (Kidnapped, Untamed, Collide, Wanted and Crossroads)**

Aftershock is the final instalment in the Riding Steele serial and what a doozy. I am definitely hooked on the whole series, Ready to Ride and have now read Hot Ride and Wild Ride as well. I am certainly hanging out for Hard Ride, coming out in serial format in March 2015.

Laurie is back with Steele, but for how long. Now the worry is if Steele will be charged for his attack on Donovan. Will Laurie lose Steele for good? She doesn’t know if she could handle that. The problem now is the flashbacks of her time with Donovan and being intimate with Steele isn’t really happening because of them.

Seeing Laurie’s townhouse, Steele finally realises how different they are. He knows she doesn’t belong on the road with him and his crew. Will Steele give up his love to let her live the life she has dreamt of?

Laurie is being all domesticated back at her place. She was happy to be home, but she is a different person after the whole ordeal with Donovan. Now though, with Steele in her home, Laurie still isn’t able to move past her fear at the hands of a dominant. Will Laurie ever be ready to let Steele take control of her completely?

Riding Steele was a fantastic serial series, I was totally addicted and couldn’t get enough of the whole crew. Steele is the epitome of male, muscled, strong ideals, open to sharing within his crew as long as he dominates and loyalty that knows no bounds. Laurie and Steele’s growth was fantastic and of course Opal Carew’s writing style pulled it all together. Hot biker meets domestic goddess is what Riding Steele begins with and every erotic reader should give this series a go.
5 GREAT INTRO HEARTS

5 AMAZING HEART-WRENCHING HEARTS

hearts

THE SERIES:

About the Author

OpalHi. I’m Opal Carew and I write erotic romance for St. Martin’s Press. I’ve been writing since 1993, though originally I wrote futuristic, urban fantasy, science fiction, paranormal and contemporary romance. These stories are set in the present, future, or alternate realities and most of my stories are steamy. I am now republishing these under the name Amber Carew.

As Opal Carew, I write erotic romances which always have a romance and a happy ending.

So why do I like writing erotic romance? I like being able to push beyond traditional boundaries. I like dealing with a woman who is growing and evolving – questioning her sexual boundaries and pushing past them. I have been writing stories that involve multiple characters and it’s fascinating to work with the interactions between them. What fun to write a heroine choosing between two equally appealing heroes?  My current project involves a group of several people who interact sexually and I find the scenario an enjoyable challenge.

I try to keep my characters real. I like to have a heroine with whom the reader can empathize. These aren’t women who just jump into bed with anyone. They find themselves in an unusual situation – something exciting and erotic – but a situation where they have to push themselves beyond their comfort level. As a result, they grow as a person. So often fear holds us back – of what others will think of us, of what we will think about ourselves – and we don’t follow our hearts. These women push past that fear.

~ courtesy of Opal's website