TurnersAntics

Turner's Antics

Day in the life of a Mum with 3 kids and loves to read! With my many gadgets.

5* Book Review of Fearless by Priscilla West

Summary: A Contemporary Romance Novel by USA Today Bestselling Author Priscilla West

"What are you doing?" Jax struggled.

My heart breaking for him, I raised his bruised hand to my mouth and kissed it tenderly. "Burning away the past."

Beaten, bruised, and broken, I made a desperate move that would change our lives forever.

Just when I thought the worst was behind us, cracks appeared, secrets surfaced, and lies unraveled.

With threats closing in from all sides and our very lives hanging in the balance, I was faced with the most difficult decision of my life.

Title: Fearless

Series: Forever #2

Author: Priscilla West

Released: 17th November 2014

Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance

Format: eARC

Source: from Author for an honest review - thank you!

** Please note this review will have spoilers for book 1, Reckless **

I am such a huge fan of Priscilla West’s books, they are all amazing and addictive and Fearless was no exception. The tug-of-war between Riley and Jax was getting on my nerves, I was like oh my goodness Riley, give the guy a break, but man it was awesome reading. This super rockstar that is a broken man and understandably so, is having trouble coping with his past. Riley pushes and pushes and pushes.

Riley Hewitt is the tour accountant for The Hitchcocks and during her time has fallen in love with Jax Trenton the mysterious and broody lead singer/guitarist. Riley has found her inner vigilante and sets his father’s house on fire. With Jax broken and beaten, Riley has to ride his bike, never having ridden before, it was all an adventure.

Jax doesn’t want to deal with what happened that night, but he is obviously not coping with seeing his father again. Riley tries to take care of Jax and his injuries, but he won’t allow it, getting defensive and angry. He starts pushing everyone away and Riley won’t accept that. Realising that Jax doesn’t want to be mollycoddled, she tries to think of ways to get him out of his funk without it appearing he’s weak.

As the tour goes on, Riley tries not to think of what will happen when it’s over. Will Jax still want to be with Riley? Riley doesn’t think she would be able to live without Jax in her life any more, but she may not have a choice. Riley and Jax have to learn to be selfish, to think of themselves instead of what was best for everybody else.

With Jax spiralling out of control, will he live to see his next concert? Will Riley accept that she can’t FIX Jax, he has to heal on his own? Does Jax really care for Riley? Is his father hunting them down to exact revenge? When the heat finally gets close to Jax, will it wake him from his trance-like darkness and bring him back into the light?

This is another addictive read by Ms West and I need more from her now, I can’t wait to see what she brings us next. Not too many hot steamy scenes in this one, but the easy flow style and drama involved kept me hooked from page one until the end. I highly recommend this series to all new adult readers.

5 PAPER HEARTS

Other books in the series:

You can find my review HERE.

About the Author

Priscilla West is the author of the Surrender Series and the USA TODAY Bestsellers, Wrecked, and Rescued.

Her next book, Fearless, will be released on November 17th, 2014.

She enjoys: cuddles, men in suits, eskimo kisses, life-sized teddy bears, and eggs over medium.

WebsiteGoodreadsFacebookTwitter