TurnersAntics

Turner's Antics

Day in the life of a Mum with 3 kids and loves to read! With my many gadgets.

5* Book Review of The Truth About Air and Water by Katherine Owen - BLOG TOUR

I have the please of reading and reviewing the second book in the Truth in Lies series, The Truth About Air and Water. Check out this fabulous book below.

TruthAirWaterCover

The Truth About Air & Water (Truth in Lies #2)

by Katherine Owen
Publication date: August 25th 2014
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance

The Truth In Lies Series. READ This Much Is True, book 1 first, although it’s been written as a standalone. Readers say, don’t do that.

“The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” -Ernest Hemingway ~ A Farewell To Arms

They share an epic love but one moment changes everything. A life together that seemed certain is shattered. One learns you never love the same way twice; the other learns what it means to come home. You only think you know how this love story goes, but do you really know how an epic love can end?

“There are all kinds of love in this world but never the same love twice.”
-F. Scott Fitzgerald

She is living color, and I’ve been in a black-and-white world for far too long without her.
Powerful stuff. It surrounds me. I’ve felt it since I first arrived. The forcefield of her. The magnetism of her. The power she wields over me. I’m alive again because of her, like a dying plant that finally gets some water. I’ve got it bad for this girl.
Reality dawns.
The light comes through the darkness and shines on me.
She’s my water.
-Lincoln Presley

The truth is I breathe with him. He is my air. Raison d’etre.
-Tally Landon

Author’s note: This novel is part of the Truth In Lies series. It can be read as standalone, however, fans of my fiction already are highly recommending that those new to my work, READ This Much Is True book 1 FIRST.

As Lincoln Presley would say, “do as you must, Princess.”

goodreads

My Review

This is book two in the Truth in Lies series. It continues the story of Linc and Tally, their love continues but will they be together? I enjoyed this book a little more than the first, it was such an emotional roller-coaster, I know I used this phrase in the first book, but gee whiz, this one is more so than the first. Oh my goodnesssssss, what is Katherine Owen doing to my heart and my head? I was like no no noooooooo, you cannot do that to Tally and she’s been through so much already. There was also the added benefit of learning more about Thor, he was a spectacular addition. I would love to hear more about Sam Wilde and his secretive career.

Tally and Linc are living the dream or so everybody thinks. The only problem is that it’s a lie. Nothing in life is easy and with the two famous in their own right, this couple is struggling to find the happy medium of a travelling baseball player, a ballerina and a daughter. They do an interview with Sports Illustrated and the reporter has something against Tally apparently; for some reason she doesn’t show Tally in good light.

As with all wedding preparations, they are absolutely stressful and left mostly to Tally, which again is normal. The couple can’t agree on the venue and Linc’s father is being a pain in the butt too. Will they get married? This couple that has an EPIC love for each other, that’s destined to be together, always finds roadblocks.

It appears Linc is withholding some things from Tally and it hurts when she finds out. This is something she cannot control, but it still hurts none the less. Linc comes home while Tally is cooking dinner, she’s tired, stressed and has so many things on her plate. Linc has to tell her they need to move the wedding date because of baseball. Now Tally has to change all the plans she’s already made and has a spat. Linc goes of his rocker too and Tally storms upstairs. Linc doesn’t think about what Tally has to do, he only concentrates on baseball. He’d forgotten all about her appointment with the doctor.

Things keep piling up on Tally and her insecurities keep coming back to punch her in the gut. Bloody Nika just won’t stay out of their life and it makes it really hard for Tally to trust Linc completely. Can this couple with their EPIC love finally have a happily ever after? After a tragic accident during a game, their lives have changed again.

This review may be a little vague, but I don’t want to give away the most important part of the book. I was crying more in The Truth About Air and Water; it was just amazing. Ms Owen, you astonish me. I couldn’t believe the events that happened throughout this book. I was so invested into Tally that I was laughing and crying and I felt so much compassion for this character. Linc was really annoying for me, not that it was his fault, but Davis, oh dear, what a jerk, I would have decked him myself for what he did. I highly recommend this series to ALL new adult readers. This is a must!
5 GREAT INTRO HEARTS

5 PAPER HEARTS
12f31-hearts

Other books in the series:

This Much is True

You can find my review HERE.

About the Author

KatherineKatherine Owen writes contemporary edgy fiction, which translates to: she writes love stories that are contemporary in setting and both edgy and dark. Some readers term her books emotional roller coasters. With her writing, Owen admits she has a fondness for angst, likes to play with a little drama, and essentially toys around with the unintentional complications of love. She contends this began early on when she won a poetry contest at the age of fourteen and appears to be without end. Owen has an avid love of coffee, books, and writing, but not necessarily in that order. She writes both Contemporary Romance and New Adult fiction which includes her bestselling TRUTH IN LIES Series (a series despite despising 'series') beginning with This Much Is True and her latest release, The Truth About Air & Water. The TRUTH IN LIES series is fan-driven. So. There will be a third book about Linc and Tally released in 2015 titled Tell Me Something True.

About Owen's fiction...This is NOT the light trope stuff. She travels a unique, writerly path and enjoys writing dark and angsty (a "non-word" she is fond of) emotional love stories. She often warns readers to be prepared with: time, tissues, wine, Advil or your drug of choice. And, as her most favored character, Lincoln Presley, would say, "do what you must, Princess."

WebsiteGoodreadsFacebookTwitter