TurnersAntics

Turner's Antics

Day in the life of a Mum with 3 kids and loves to read! With my many gadgets.

5* Book Review of ICE by Chelsea Camaron and Jessie Lane

ice teaser
This is one fabulous biker novel by two wonderful ladies, Chelsea Camaron and Jessie Lane. Read my review below and grab yourself a copy.

ice cover

ICE (Regulators MC #1)

by Chelsea Camaron and Jessie Lane
Released: 8th December 2014
Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance

She's an investment banker.

He's an outlaw biker.

A little bit of heaven is about to meet a whole lot of hell.

Morgan Powell was raised to be perfect, to set an example for her sisters to follow. Her life has been dedicated to making something of her career, so she wouldn’t know what to do with a man even if you gave her an instruction manual.

Brett 'Ice' Grady spends his days trying to keep up with his teenage daughter, his nights consumed in Regulators’ MC business. He has no time for anything more than a casual hookup.

Two worlds collide when the dangers of his life crash into the calm of hers.

Can she go beyond her own boundaries and chip her way through to the man known to be as cold as ice?

Loosely attached to Chelsea Camaron's Hellions Series and Jessie Lane's Ex Ops Series.

goodreads

My Review

Brett (Ice) Grady, an ex-military Special Forces biker, President of the Regulators MC, only has one goal in life, to love, protect, provide and be there for his daughter, she is all he has left in the world. Ice and his wife Erin were young and irresponsible and became parents way too early, but wouldn’t have changed a thing. There was an accident while Ice was serving for his country and his priorities as well as his life were changed. Brooke is it!

Morgan Powell is a twenty-four year old investment banker and has always been the perfect daughter. Morgan has to be the guide for her younger sisters, Madyson and Mallory, but the other two girls have their own ideas of what life is.

“Stiff, pathetic, border-line pseudo old lady, college educated, suit wearing, have my shit together prude.”

This is what Morgan thinks of herself. She can count on one hand how many guys’ she’s kissed in her 24 years, her priority has always been to make her parent’s proud and become successful. Men just didn’t enter into the equation, until now. With the Regulators showing up on her doorstep, Morgan’s thoughts turn to what Ice could offer her, what he could do to her body, to do her life….

The Regulators MC own two strip clubs that are legitimate businesses. After Midnight is all female and Alibi is all male. While working on the books, Ice realises how late it is and notices Brooke hasn’t checked in for her curfew. After tracking her location, Ice, Hammer and Coal head out in search for his daughter.

Morgan is sleeping peacefully when she has pounding bangs and ding dongs at her door. Groggily answering it she finds this massive hot biker with an angry scowl on his face. Behind him is her sister Madyson. UH OH! Ice goes off, telling Morgan she needs to be more responsible and to keep Madyson out of trouble.

That was the first night, with many more to come of the angst between these two opposites. Something about Ice though makes Morgan speak her mind and stick up for herself. But when something horrifying happens to Madyson, Morgan will have to rely on the Regulators to do their job.

What is Ice’s problem with Morgan? Will Morgan drop her prudishness and open herself to the possibility that her life isn’t perfect? Are the Regulators MC the good guys or the bad guys?

I loved all the characters within this book and being introduced to a couple of others from another series has piqued my interest into picking them up too. The premise was fantastic, never a dull moment and the timeline was great, everything happened over time with no insta-love. I highly recommend ICE to all romance readers that want steam, hot bikers, intrigue, mystery, action, romance and thrills. A MUST READ!
5 PAPER HEARTS

5 PAPER HEARTS
12f31-hearts

One of my favourite quotes:

We are the Regulators MC, a group of men not to be f***ked with. A band of brothers who have walked through blood, bullets and war to come home and dish out our own kind of blood, bullets and war. Only this time, we don't have some pansy ass commanding officer giving us orders. The boys have me, and as I stare at them sitting around the table, I know the respect they give me has been earned doing shit overseas that is far worse than what we do now.

~ loc 902/2702 33% on my Kindle

About the Authors

jessielaneJessie Lane is the best selling author of The Star Series, Big Bad Bite Series and the Ex Ops Series.

She lives in Kentucky with her two little Rock Chicks in the making and her over protective alpha husband. She has a passionate love for reading and writing naughty romance, cliff hanging suspense, and out-of-this-world characters that demand your attention, or threaten to slap you around until you do pay attention to them.

Jessie writes Adult Paranormal and Contemporary Romance & Upper YA Fantasy/Paranormal Romance.

Chelsea CamaronChelsea Camaron was born and raised in Coastal North Carolina. She currently resides in Southern Louisiana with her husband and two children but her heart is always Carolina day dreaming.

Chelsea always wanted to be a writer, but like most of us, let fear of the unknown grab a hold of her dream; she realized that if she was going to tell her daughter to go for her dreams, that it was time to follow her own advice.

Chelsea grew up turning wrenches alongside her father, and from that grew her love for old muscle cars and Harley Davidson motorcycles, which just so happened to inspired her ‘Daddy’s Girls’ series. Her love for reading has sparked a new love for writing and she currently has a few more projects in the works.

When she is not spending her days writing you can find her playing with her kids, attending car shows, going on motorcycle rides on the back of her husband’s Harley, snuggling down with her new favorite book or watching any movie that Vin Diesel might happen to be in.

She hates being serious and is still a big kid at heart. She is a small town country girl enjoying life and, Chelsea hopes that her readers remember not to take life too seriously and to embrace your inner five year old, because five year olds know how to enjoy the simple things in life and how to always have fun.

Giveaway

Signed paperbacks & swag of Ex Ops Series (Secret Maneuvers & Stripping Her Defenses) and the Hellions Series (One Ride, Forever Ride & Merciless Ride)

a Rafflecopter giveaway