TurnersAntics

Turner's Antics

Day in the life of a Mum with 3 kids and loves to read! With my many gadgets.

4* Book Review for Don't Deny Me Part One by Megan Hart

Don't Deny Me: Part One: A Novel in Three Parts - Megan Hart
Summary: He’s back, and the heat between them cannot be denied…

Part One of Don't Deny Me, the passionate new e-serial novel from bestselling author Megan Hart.Alice and Mick had it all: the happy days, the heartfelt evenings, the hot, slow nights. But Mick couldn’t give her what she needed, and in a moment of crisis, they lost everything. Torn apart, Alice tries to pry him out of her life and move on—until a not-so-chance meeting at an old friend’s party brings them face-to-face once more. Now they’re talking again, Alice can’t escape the burning in her chest whenever he’s near, the way his eyes still follow her around the room…but she won’t repeat the mistakes of her past. Passion alone is nothing to build a life on. Or is it?

dont deny me part oneTitle: Don't Deny Me Part One
Series: Don't Deny Me #1
Author: Megan Hart
Publisher: St Martin's Griffin
Released: 13th January 2015
Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance
Format: eGalley
Source: via Publisher on NetGalley - thank you!

I am a big fan of Megan Hart’s books and couldn’t wait to read this very intriguing serial type series. A complete novel in three parts was very appealing for a quick insight into the characters and the world created by Ms Hart. Though that being the case, I did find I needed more answers in this one, but I really loved the concept.

Alice Clark hadn’t been back to her friends place for ten years. When she arrived, everything felt and appeared the same. Bernie was in the kitchen cooking up a storm and they knew not to let Alice help. It was Bernie and Cookie’s twentieth wedding anniversary and Alice could see they still love each other with such fierceness that it made her envy them. That’s the kind of love she wants……

Mick McManus was kind of nervous about seeing her again. He did see her from a distance a couple of summers ago, but was too chicken to approach her. Now to actually interact with her, well it would certainly be interesting. Arriving at Bernie’s, Mick went to say hi before the rest of the crew turned up for the party. He found Alice in the garden and their feelings for each other haven’t diminished in the least, but now they are older and hopefully wiser, the pair can behave like adults and make conversation normally.

When the drinks started to hit their system, their inhibitions were decreasing. Mick couldn’t help himself, they gravitated towards each other all night and when she came out of the powder room, he grabbed her and kissed Alice silly.

Will Mick and Alice get back together? Is their love strong enough to move forward from what happened ten years ago? What really did happened back then?

I loved the letters at the beginning of each chapter by either Mick or Alice. It was a great insight into their feelings and what Mick wanted to say but couldn’t. Don’t Deny Me part one was enjoyable and the characters interesting. I am looking forward to part two.
goodreads

hearts

OTHER BOOKS IN THE SERIES:

PRE-ORDER PART 3 NOW

12f31-hearts

About the Author

megan hartHi, my name is Megan.

I write books.

And this is the place where you can find out more information about them! Covers, excerpts, news, playlists...trivia...random crazy ramblings...

And if you're of the social media loving sort, you can find me on Facebook and Twitter. So don't be shy! I'm mostly pretty nice.

~courtesy of Megan Hart's website