TurnersAntics

Turner's Antics

Day in the life of a Mum with 3 kids and loves to read! With my many gadgets.

5* Book Review of The Master by Kresley Cole

Summary: A need colder than Siberian winter meets an attitude hotter than the Florida sun in #1 New York Times bestselling author Kresley Cole’s sultry new Game Maker novel.

Everyone fears the Master…

Rich, irresistible politician/Mafiya boss Maksimilian Sevastyan prefers tall, obedient blondes to fulfill his…complicated desires. That is, until the icy Russian encounters a disobedient brunette whose exquisite little body threatens his legendary restraint.

Except her.

Catarina Marín was a well-off young wife until her world fell apart. Now she’s hiding out, forced to start working as an escort in Miami. Her very first client is beyond gorgeous, but when he tells her what he plans to do to her, Cat almost walks out of the door.

If pleasure is a game, play to win.

After their mind-blowing encounter burns out of control, the lovers crave more. If they escape the deadly threats surrounding them, can Maksim overcome his past—to offer Cat his future? Only then will she tempt him with what he really wants: her, all tied up with a bow.

the master feb15Title: The Master
Series: The Game Maker #2
Author: Kresley Cole
Publisher: Simon and Schuster Australia
Released: 17th February 2015
Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance
Format: Paperback
Source: via Publisher for an honest review - Thank you Jennifer

I was so so excited to receive a copy of The Master and couldn’t wait to read Maksimilian Sevastyan’s story. I certainly wasn’t disappointed and wow, what a book. Another favourite and I am highly anticipating Dmitri’s story next. Kresley Cole is just fabulous, her writing style and character growth are amazing. Cat was a fun character and she kept me on my toes with her antics.

Twenty-two year old Cat Marin is hiding a massive secret and she will never never never share with anyone willingly. Until she meets a moody Russian politician. Cat is studying, to pay her way she cleans houses and now adds to her repertoire, escort.

As a favour for a friend, Cat goes to meet a client for her and is hoping the money from this night will help her escape her current location; she has to run again. For three years Cat has been moving from city to city to avoid Edward and during this time has created six rules:

Never say anything above and beyond what is absolutely necessary.
Never create links between you and anything else.
Never stay in a place longer than six months.
Never get soft.
Never attract undue attention.
Forgodsakes, never never never trust another man.

Now without funds, Cat was going to break rule number three, hence the reason she’s looking for quick cash and her appointment with a DDG Russian.

When the door opened, Maxim wasn’t happy to see Cat, she isn’t what he ordered, and Cat decides to prove she can change his mind. They discuss the dos and don’ts of their business arrangement and Cat is determined to stick to her guns.

“My situation demanded drastic measures. Nothing this man could do to me would be worse than what Edward would if he caught me.”

When Cat realised Maxim had a script, she knew that wasn’t an option for her and she started a strip tease instead. Maxim was mesmerised by this woman, he couldn’t take his eyes off her and she surprised him at every turn. Never has a woman said no to him before or worked so hard to change his mind. For some reason Cat’s refusal to follow his rules and please herself was a big thing for him. He had never lost control before, but something in Cat made him do things he wouldn’t necessarily do otherwise.

Maxim is known for his escort ordering and he seems to have rules for that also, but now he’s had Cat, he doesn’t want anyone else. Cat has been trying to put the Russian out of her mind, but is finding it difficult. When she is summoned to his penthouse again, Cat makes him work for it.

Will Maxim find out about her past? Will she be found by Edward? What is so bad that she is on the run? Will Cat fall for the Russian? Will Maxim fall for the Cuban beauty?

The Master was certainly a fast paced, addictive and steamy read. With the characters discovering they can change for the better for love and the intriguing mystery of Cat’s past; will catch up to the present. Dmitri Sevastyan is certainly a mystery in himself and I desperately want to read his story now. I loved the inclusion of Aleks, Natalie and Jessica, the family connections were fun and it showed another side to Maxim. Overall I absolutely loved this book and all romance readers should definitely pick it up.
5 PAPER HEARTS goodreads

hearts

THE SERIES:

the professional

You can read my review HERE
12f31-hearts

About the Author

kresley coleKresley Cole is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the electrifying Immortals After Dark paranormal series, the young adult Arcana Chronicles series, the erotic Gamemakers series, and five award-winning historical romances.

A master’s grad and former athlete, she has traveled over much of the world and draws from those experiences to create her memorable characters and settings.

Her IAD books have been translated into twenty foreign languages, garnered three RITA awards, a Hall of Fame induction, and consistently appear on the bestseller lists, in the U.S. and abroad.

Cole lives in Florida with her family and “far too many animals.”

WebsiteGoodreadsFacebookTwitterYouTubeTumblr