TurnersAntics

Turner's Antics

Day in the life of a Mum with 3 kids and loves to read! With my many gadgets.

5* Book Review of An Indecent Proposal: The Interview by J.C. Reed and Jackie Steele

An Indecent Proposal - J.C. Reed, Jackie Steele
Summary: It was supposed to be easy.
Hire a professional actor to play my fake fiancé.
But when he steps in front of my door to pick me up for The Interview, my heart stops.
Chase Wright is perfect. And hot. I mean like, burn up your dress hot. However, Chase isn't professional at all. I hate what he does to me with his sinfully sexy blue eyes. I hate that he wants me in his bed.

One month…that’s all I need him for. All I have to do is stay out of his bed.

But the rules slowly begin to change. My fake fiancé suddenly becomes my fake husband. When Chase offers me an indecent proposal, it's too late to fire him.
It's too late to decline.

Authors note:
Full-length novel. Due to sexy, steamy situations only for readers 18+ Includes free prequel novella THAT GUY

an indecent proposal coverTitle: The Interview
Series: An Indecent Proposal #1
Author: J.C. Reed and Jackie Steele
Released: 23rd February 2015
Genre: New Adult/Adult Contemporary Romance
Format: eARC
Source: via Author's for an honest review

WOOT WOOT! Well, what an intriguing and mysterious read. The first in the series by this fabulous duo, J.C. Reed and Jackie Steele, left me wanting more. Man I was so hooked. The intrigue on not knowing kept me turning pages well past my bedtime. The Interview was fantastically written, fast paced and included fun characters as well as drama and hotness. I need more!

Lauren (Laurie) Hanson is almost twenty-three and knows that before her birthday she needs to find a husband. Her best friend and house-mate, Jude comes up with the idea of hiring an actor to play the part so she can finally receive what was meant for her. When Chase Wright enters her apartment though, she’s frozen, breathless and her heart just about comes out of her chest. Chase was absolutely stunning, handsome, hot, perfect (?) or so Laurie thought.

Chase also knew the affect he was having on Laurie and the inexperience she seemed to emanate. He tormented and flirted with her continuously, but Laurie tells him up front that it’s a fake relationship, there will be no advances. She tells Chase some ground rules, but I doubt he will stick to them.

NO KISSING, NO TOUCHING, NO INVITATIONS TO SECLUDED PLACES AFTER MIDNIGHT AND THAT INCLUDES BEDROOMS.

Chase seems genuine enough, but Laurie still doesn’t trust men in general and Chase isn’t the exception yet. The more time she spends with him, the more her body wants to take control and push herself into his arms.

They put their relationship to the test, will their acting be good enough? More details come out of Laurie’s past and she seems to have attracted the attention of some guy with a camera. Chase tries to convince Laurie that he only has good intentions, but is he too good to be true?

Can Laurie trust Chase enough to share her story? Will she follow the instructions to the T and get what was meant for her? Who was That Guy in the elevator? Will Laurie hand over her self-control and let Chase touch her? What is it about her inheritance that everybody wants?

The mystery continues in the next instalment of An Indecent Proposal: The Agreement. I am desperately biting my nails to see where Laurie goes next and if Chase is who he claims to be. The tension and electricity between the pair was so thick you could cut it with a knife. Jude was such a fun character, keeping humour throughout and friendship loyalty. This addictive read was highly entertaining and fun with hot tension filled scenes and mystery. A definite must for all romance readers.
5 PAPER HEARTS big heart buttons goodreads

Love is nothing but a fools gold. It glitters and shines until you look underneath and see that all there is but an empty shell of appearance.
Men were like poison, slowly creeping into your soul and destroying it from within.

hearts

THE SERIES:

that guy cover

That Guy (An Indecent Proposal #0.5)

This is also included in the beginning of An Indecent Proposal: The Interview.

12f31-hearts

About the Author

jc reedJ.C. Reed is the New York Times, Wall Street Journal and USA Today bestselling author of SURRENDER YOUR LOVE and CONQUER YOUR LOVE. She writes steamy contemporary fiction with a touch of mystery. When she's not typing away on her keyboard, forgetting the world around her, she dreams of returning to the beautiful mountains of Wyoming. You can also find her chatting on Facebook with her readers or spending time with her two children.

WebsiteGoodreadsFacebookTwitterInstagramPinterestTumblr

jackie steeleJackie S. Steele has lived most of her life in New England. She never read a book she didn't like. Her love for books began when she stumbled upon her mother's secret dash of Harlequin books, and couldn't stop reading until she had finished them all. Today she still loves curling up with a good book, sipping coffee, and taking long walks on the beach.

WebsiteGoodreadsFacebookTwitter