TurnersAntics

Turner's Antics

Day in the life of a Mum with 3 kids and loves to read! With my many gadgets.

5* Book Review of Consolation by Corinne Michaels - BLOG TOUR

consolation blog tour
WOOOOOOOOOO - what a book! I absolutely loved this book and all romance readers need to read it now.
consolation

Consolation (Consolation Duet #1)

by Corinne Michaels
Released: 18th March 2015
Genre: Contemporary Romance

Book One in the Consolation Duet

Liam wasn’t supposed to be my happily ever after.
He wasn’t even on my radar.
He was my husband’s best friend—forbidden.

But my husband is dead and I’m alone. I ache for him and I reach for Liam.

One night with Liam changed everything. Now I have to decide if I truly love him or if he’s just the consolation prize.

goodreads

consolation use

My Review

Just a warning now, my review may be a little vague, but I don’t want to give away too much of the surprises along the way.

I haven’t read a Corinne Michaels novel previously and I have to say, Consolation is one amazingly emotional read that I couldn’t put down. Ms Michaels style is extraordinary, the characters intense and complex and detailed minutely to give the reader such an inside perspective of their lives. This is the first in the Consolation duet, but it’s also included in the Salvation series and if you haven’t read the first two, it doesn’t take anything away from Consolation.

Natalie Gilcher (LEE) has everything in life that a woman desires. A husband, a house and pregnant with their first child. She was getting the nursery ready when a friend, Mark arrives and Lee could tell immediately that something was wrong, but she didn’t want to believe it!

Three months later and Lee still cannot comprehend how her life changed so drastically. Seeing Liam though makes it more real. Liam and Aaron had graduated SEAL training together eight years ago and became the closest of friends. Liam has been part of their lives ever since.

Time goes by and Lee has a routine until Liam arrives to say he’s staying. Wants to help Lee with everything and that’s when she realises he is different somehow. It’s the first time she has ever noticed just how handsome Liam is, it’s like she’s seeing him in a different light.

The more time Lee and Liam spend together, the more their feelings increase. Both are wracked with guilt because of their feelings knowing it’s essentially forbidden. Can they overcome the guilt? What really happened to Aaron? What was in Aaron’s letter to Liam? Can Lee move on and be happy in herself?

Emotional turmoil, unpredictable twists throughout, intense love, heartache and such a rollercoaster of passion. At the end I was shocked and speechless, couldn’t believe what I had read. I absolutely loved the playfulness of Liam and Lee together. The fun banter and humour really added to the entertainment factor through the sorrow. I was laughing out loud and crying along with Lee and this is a true show of the talent Ms Michaels has. I have already recommended this whole series to everyone at home and they too have loved every word. So I will also recommend this to all of you out there that want a romance with something different, this is a must read.
5paperhearts
12f31-hearts

Other books in the series:

About the Author

corrinne bioCorinne Michaels is an emotional, witty, sarcastic, and fun loving mom of two beautiful children. She’s happily married to the man of her dreams and is a former Navy wife. After spending months away from her husband while he was deployed, reading and writing was her escape from the loneliness.

Both her maternal and paternal grandmothers were librarians, which only intensified her love of reading. After years of writing short stories, she couldn’t ignore the call to finish her debut novel, Beloved. Her alpha Navy SEALs are broken, beautiful, and will steal your heart.

WebsiteGoodreadsFacebookTwitterInstagramPinterest