TurnersAntics

Turner's Antics

Day in the life of a Mum with 3 kids and loves to read! With my many gadgets.

5* Book Review of Maverick by Chelsea Camaron

MAVERICK - BANNER Check out the new novella type series from Chelsea Camaron with the first being Maverick.
Maverick316x475

Maverick (Roughnecks Trilogy #1)

by Chelsea Camaron
Release Date: 6th April 2015
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance

Invisible – Unseen

He was the high school crush who never knew I existed. I am still the girl hiding against the wall.

Life for Kenzy Davis is far from easy right now. After ending a long term relationship, she is back in her hometown, starting over.

Maverick Collins works hard and plays even harder. An invisible illness shakes his world at its core as his father fights for his life. Everything he ever took for granted stares him in the face, including the shy girl from his past.

Watching someone you love battle an illness is never easy. When the ICU nurse caring for his dad is the one girl from his past he saw around but overlooked, does Maverick find comfort in her embrace? Does Kenzy find a new calm in the chaos of her life? Or do their feelings remain invisible yet again?

goodreads
12f31-hearts

My Review

I am a huge fan of Chelsea Camaron and Maverick certainly didn’t disappoint. I was excited to hear of a novella type series with fun and steamy episodes about some roughnecks working on an oil rig. Well, **phew** what a quick intense read with full on lust, full on drama and where loyalty and monogamy is tested to the hilt.

MaKenzy Davis is a nurse that has spent the last five years with a man she thought she loved. When in fact she now knows that wasn’t the case, not really. Going back home and starting over, Kenzy is concentrating on her job, a job she loves working in the hospital ICU. Even though it is hard to witness the horrible events that happen within those walls, it is also the place where Kenzy began to build a bond with Richard Collins and his son Maverick.

Maverick Collins is known as Tapper, his reputation is to “tap” women, not that they complain. The only problem he didn’t bank on was getting knocked on his butt by a caring, nurturing and beautiful dark haired beauty that he knows from High School.

Kenzy had a high school crush on Maverick for years and believes he never even knew she existed. There’s another thing she got wrong, he did. Now a single woman, Kenzy heads out for a night on the town with her bestie, Jessika. They knew they were being watched by some guys and were working their bodies like nobody was watching. Maverick walks up behind Kenzy and starts dancing with her, the feel of having each other in their arms couldn’t be compared. But the spell gets broken and Kenzy tells Tapper, he ain’t tappin’ her.

As time goes on and they carry on their separate lives, Kenzy looks after a patient that has an invisible illness and because he neglected the signs, had emergency surgery. Maverick didn’t realise that Kenzy worked in ICU, so when he was there watching over his Dad, he felt relieved to know his father was in good hands.

Now they’re spending so much time together, will Kenzy give in to the obvious attraction between her and Maverick? Can Kenzy move past Maverick’s player lifestyle and trust he can be a one-woman-man? Will Maverick’s Dad recover?

Having Type 2 Diabetes myself, this quick fabulous read really hit home with me. I am lucky enough to have my illness under control through diet, but have witnessed the ill-effects this silent illness can cause. Kenzy and Maverick are certainly fabulous characters, but I am super excited to read more about the other two roughnecks, Heath “Hitman” Thomas and Lance “Rush” Miller. PLUS, Jessika was such a fun character too, will she find her true love? This is another winner from Ms Camaron that everyone needs to read.
5paperhearts
12f31-hearts

About the Author

Chelsea Camaron - authorChelsea Camaron was born and raised in Coastal North Carolina. She currently resides in Southern Louisiana with her husband and two children but her heart is always Carolina day dreaming.

Chelsea always wanted to be a writer, but like most of us, let fear of the unknown grab a hold of her dream; she realized that if she was going to tell her daughter to go for her dreams, that it was time to follow her own advice.

Chelsea grew up turning wrenches alongside her father, and from that grew her love for old muscle cars and Harley Davidson motorcycles, which just so happened to inspired her ‘Daddy’s Girls’ series. Her love for reading has sparked a new love for writing and she currently has a few more projects in the works.

When she is not spending her days writing you can find her playing with her kids, attending car shows, going on motorcycle rides on the back of her husband’s Harley, snuggling down with her new favorite book or watching any movie that Vin Diesel might happen to be in.

She hates being serious and is still a big kid at heart. She is a small town country girl enjoying life and, Chelsea hopes that her readers remember not to take life too seriously and to embrace your inner five year old, because five year olds know how to enjoy the simple things in life and how to always have fun.

WebsiteGoodreadsFacebookTwitter