TurnersAntics

Turner's Antics

Day in the life of a Mum with 3 kids and loves to read! With my many gadgets.

5* Book Review of Locked and Loaded by Heather C. Leigh - BLOG TOUR

series review tour - Extraction pointHave a look at this fabulous novella series, Ricochet is a fantastic trilogy with bits of everything. Grab your copy now.

Locked & Loaded (Ricochet #1)

by Heather C. Leigh
Release Date: 30th March 2015
Genre: Contemporary Romance

Rick "Ricochet" Brennan served eight years as an elite Marine special ops Force Recon soldier. After an injury, and the terrible memories from that night, he retires and goes to work for his former Command Officer, Howard "Mack" McEvoy, at his training center in Atlanta.

Sanctum MMA appears on the surface to be a normal gym, training elite fighters to be the best. Except each trainer, hand-picked by Mack, possesses a special background that allows Mack to run one of the best-kept secrets in the country.

When twenty-four year old Quinn Wallace finally escapes her abusive husband, she turns to her father’s old Marine Corps buddy, Mack, for help. Broken and skittish, Quinn finds herself surrounded by large, intimidating men— men who could easily overpower her. She avoids them the best she can, but when Rick turns out to be more than just a rough fighter with bruised knuckles, she finds herself wondering if she can allow herself to trust again.

Ricochet is a full-length novel to be released as three parts.

***This book contains hot sweaty men, sexy scenes for those over 18, and uncomfortable, sometimes violent scenes.***

goodreads Amazon-Buy-Button

My Review

Ricochet was my first experience reading Heather C. Leigh and I am totally addicted to this fabulous author. Locked and Loaded had me hooked from the first page, I just had to see where it was going and luckily had all three to read because after each instalment, phew **fans face** I just had to read the next for more. The characters are awesome showing growth, strength and angst. I would certainly love to read more on the supporting characters, who wouldn’t want to read more about hot MMA fighters. Especially Dane Nolan, he is VERY intriguing.

Rick “Ricochet” Brennan is a twenty-eight year old ex-Marine that has turned to MMA training in Muay Thai. Ricochet’s definition is the motion of an object rebounding or deflecting one or more times from surface to surface. This describes Rick perfectly when it comes to women. The only problem Rick didn’t count on was meeting a woman that took his breath away and having his protective instincts kick into overdrive.

Annette “Quinn” Hardy/Wallace is twenty-three and hiding from a terrible past. She made contact with her dad’s best mate and was given a job as a receptionist and an apartment above Sanctum MMA. Her first impression of Rick, he was model-like with the bluest eyes she’d ever seen, but he seemed cocky and self-assured. She isn’t interested in a relationship and wanted to squash any interest he may have in her.

But Rick isn’t easily dissuaded. Quinn wasn’t falling for his usual charms and turned the feisty switch on when needed. Will Quinn give Rick a chance to befriend her? Will she let down her guard, knowing that Rick won’t harm her? Has Ricochet finally hit his target with Quinn? What is Quinn running from?

Locked and Loaded certainly set up the trilogy perfectly. I was hanging on throughout wondering if they would get together and the ending, what a cliff-hanger. Intense, hot/steamy/sizzling, mercenaries, MMA fighters, love and major drama is all included in this whole series. All romance readers should pick this one up.
5paperhearts

The Series:

CLICK THE COVER TO PURCHASE FROM AMAZON ALL IN THIS SERIES ARE CURRENTLY $0.99 EACH

About the Author

heather c leigh bioAfter growing up in New England, I currently live just outside Atlanta, GA.
I love the Red Sox and hate the Yankees.
I love hot, sexy romance novels, but hate long, drawn out misunderstandings as a plot line.
I love book series, but hate cliffhangers.
I love alpha males, but hate when they borderline on abusive.
Mostly? I love love love chocolate.

WebsiteGoodreadsFacebookTwitterAmazon

Giveaway

Signed Paperback of Relatively Famous & Incite (1 Winner)
a Rafflecopter giveaway