TurnersAntics

Turner's Antics

Day in the life of a Mum with 3 kids and loves to read! With my many gadgets.

5* Book Review of Friendly Fire by Heather C. Leigh - BLOG TOUR

series review tour - Extraction pointHave a look at this fabulous novella series, Ricochet is a fantastic trilogy with bits of everything. Grab your copy now.

Friendly Fire (Ricochet #2)

by Heather C. Leigh
Release Date: 30th March 2015
Genre: Contemporary Romance

Rick "Ricochet" Brennan served eight years as an elite Marine special ops Force Recon soldier. After an injury, and the terrible memories from that night, he retires and goes to work for his former Command Officer, Howard "Mack" McEvoy, at his training center in Atlanta.

Sanctum MMA appears on the surface to be a normal gym, training elite fighters to be the best. Except each trainer, hand-picked by Mack, possesses a special background that allows Mack to run one of the best-kept secrets in the country.

When twenty-three year old Quinn Wallace finally escapes her abusive husband, she turns to her father’s old Marine Corps buddy, Mack, for help. Broken and skittish, Quinn finds herself surrounded by large, intimidating men— men who could easily overpower her. She avoids them the best she can, but when Rick turns out to be more than just a rough fighter with bruised knuckles, she finds herself wondering if she can allow herself to trust again.

Ricochet is a full-length novel to be released as three parts.

goodreads Amazon-Buy-Button

My Review

**Please note there may be spoilers for book 1, Locked & Loaded**

As you know this is my first series by Heather C. Leigh and I am totally addicted to Rick “Ricochet” Brennan and his team of MMA mates. I couldn’t wait to read Friendly Fire to see what was going on with Quinn and what Rick was going to do to get her back. Another fabulous instalment in the Ricochet series and hot sizzling characters, secrets galore and intrigue.

Rick “Ricochet” Brennan is beside himself with worry, he has completely lost the plot and is taking his anger out on anyone that comes near him. It’s been six weeks and he’s been unproductive and unfocussed. Mack knew he shouldn’t send him on assignments, but he passed the psych evaluation, in the end though he almost got killed.

Quinn is on the run from her past and after being with Ricochet, she freaked out and ran again. Finally claiming her inheritance, Quinn wanted to quickly organise everything and have it finalised before Travis can find her. Quinn knows she shouldn’t have run off on Rick without a word and is anxious about her return; thankfully Mack held her job and apartment for as long as she needed.

Seeing Rick for the first time, Quinn is horrified by his appearance and when she apologises, he was sarcastic and angry, pushing her away. Now what was she going to do? She could see how hurt he was by what she’d done.

Rick tried as hard as he could to get Quinn out of his mind, going to all his usual pick-up haunts. All his memories of his childhood hit him full force, his dad tainting his view of women. The problem is when he talks to his brother, everything just becomes even more confusing where it comes to Quinn.

Quinn has befriended Mara Paxton, the wife of another fighter, Clint. Mara is so angry with her as well and demands answers. For the first time in Quinn’s life, she feels she can trust Mara with her past and reveals all.

Rick seems to have disappeared now and Quinn is beside herself with worry. Nobody will talk to her about where he is or if he’s ok. More secrets, but how can Quinn demand answers when she has secrets of her own?

Will she find Rick? Can they become friends again? Will Rick and/or Quinn divulge their mysteries?

Friendly Fire was perfectly intense, with action, intrigue, mystery and fun. I absolutely love Mara, she is such a great addition and keeps some fun in this otherwise passionate romance. Another cliff-hanger and another need for more, I cannot recommend this author enough, Ms Leigh is just fabulous, easy reading with intense, hot/steamy/sizzling, mercenaries, MMA fighters, love and major drama. All romance readers should pick this series up.
5paperhearts

The Series:

CLICK THE COVER TO PURCHASE FROM AMAZON ALL IN THIS SERIES ARE CURRENTLY $0.99 EACH

About the Author

heather c leigh bioAfter growing up in New England, I currently live just outside Atlanta, GA.
I love the Red Sox and hate the Yankees.
I love hot, sexy romance novels, but hate long, drawn out misunderstandings as a plot line.
I love book series, but hate cliffhangers.
I love alpha males, but hate when they borderline on abusive.
Mostly? I love love love chocolate.

WebsiteGoodreadsFacebookTwitterAmazon

Giveaway

Signed Paperback of Relatively Famous & Incite (1 Winner)
a Rafflecopter giveaway