TurnersAntics

Turner's Antics

Day in the life of a Mum with 3 kids and loves to read! With my many gadgets.

5* Book Review of Heath by Chelsea Camaron

HEATH Banner1I love this series, short steamy hot roughnecks finding love! Book two in the Roughneck shorts series, Heath.
heath cover

Heath (Roughneck Shorts #2)

by Chelsea Camaron
Release Date: 20th April 2015
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance

“One day, I will be more than an item to be bought or sold, won or lost.”

At fifteen, she was helpless. At eighteen, she was ruined. LoraLeigh Riffel fights every day to hold on to herself as she is tossed from the loser to the next winner, time and again.

Heath ‘Hitman’ Thomas works hard and plays even harder. From tripping pipes to winning fights, his world is in his hands.

When a battered and unstable woman is left at his doorstep for payment on a fight, every-thing changes in an instant.

She is the prize, but is he willing to accept the payment?

goodreads Amazon-Buy-Button
12f31-hearts

MY REVIEW

Heath is the second in the Roughnecks series by Chelsea Camaron. It’s a fabulous short novella style series with Maverick being the first and Lance being the third. I was looking forward to reading Heath’s story after Maverick. He seemed to be cocky and witty but also extremely loyal. I have to say, I did enjoy Maverick a little more, it didn’t seem to have the intense need and was darker.

Heath “Hitman” Thomas had worked in construction until the economy went to hell and now works with Maverick on an oil rig. Every day he comes home exhausted, dirty and relieved to have made it through another day. Heath’s daily life consists of f@#king, fighting and working. He could have gone professional, but fate had other plans for him. Now he trains with his mate, Wendol and fights in the underground circuit whenever he needs to.

LoraLeigh Riffel or Annie as she’s known to her captors, is counting the days. Its 2188 days since her mother’s dealer sold LoraLeigh to the highest bidder. But she never knows when that will change again. LoraLeigh writes in a notebook each day as a reminder of where she’s been and to give her strength to survive another day.

“One day, I will be more than an item to be bought or sold, won or lost. One day, I will know what it is to be a human being.”
“Daily reminder: I will survive another day. I will find hope. One day, I will be free. One day, I will be me.”

It’s now 412 days with her current owner, Pete “Professor” Charleston, another fighter. This night she is told to dress up to attend his fight. Will she be traded again tonight?

Heath is at an abandoned warehouse and warming up for his first fight of the night. It’s all a lottery, the fighter’s names are drawn out and may or may not be matched evenly, but that’s the luck of the draw. This night he wins his rounds and goes into the final round. Why does he have to fight?

LoraLeigh is told to pack up her stuff, she prays and sobs. What if the next place is worse than her first? How much more can she take? When will it end? Will LoraLeigh ever be free?

Heath comes home after a long hard days’ work to find a redheaded woman on his front porch. He’s in no mood for company and his patience is running out. All he can get out of her is, “I’m your payment”. What will Heath do?

There is a lot more to Heath than I originally thought from Maverick. He is definitely underestimated in his kindness to others and women in particular. As is the norm with Ms Camaron’s books, Heath was spectacularly written and so emotional. It wasn’t as sizzling as Maverick, but I am certainly looking forward to Lance’s story next.
5paperhearts12f31-hearts

Other books in the series:
Maverick316x475 Amazon-Buy-Button lance

Lance (Roughneck Shorts #3)

Coming 18th May 2015

Value, worth—these are things I don’t have. College degree, great job—none of that matters if you look in the mirror and can’t find anything to love.

Structure, dedication, and determination are the traits that Candace Jones has survived and thrived on. When no one cares at home, it takes her self-drive to push and work her way through college. Life is funny while you’re growing up, and adulthood isn’t any easier than childhood. Little girl dreams are often destroyed before they can even begin.

Lance ‘Rush’ Miller works hard and plays even harder. He lives life from one adrenaline rush to the next, from working as a roughneck to trick riding his street bike. He has it made and knows it.

Two complete opposites are thrown together when Candace finds herself in need of a quick escape that Lance is all too willing to give her.

What happens when firm resolve crashes into wild abandon?

12f31-hearts

About the Author

Chelsea Camaron - authorChelsea Camaron was born and raised in Coastal North Carolina. She currently resides in Southern Louisiana with her husband and two children but her heart is always Carolina day dreaming.

Chelsea always wanted to be a writer, but like most of us, let fear of the unknown grab a hold of her dream. She realized that if she was going to tell her daughter to go for her dreams, that it was time to follow her own advice.

Chelsea grew up turning wrenches alongside her father, and from that grew her love for old muscle cars and Harley Davidson motorcycles, which just so happened to inspire the Love and Repair and Hellions Ride series.

When she is not spending her days writing you can find her playing with her kids, attending car shows, going on motorcycle rides on the back of her husband’s Harley, snuggling down with her new favorite book or watching any movie that Vin Diesel might happen to be in.

WebsiteGoodreadsFacebookTwitterAmazon