TurnersAntics

Turner's Antics

Day in the life of a Mum with 3 kids and loves to read! With my many gadgets.

5* Book Review of Nowhere But Here by Katie McGarry

Nowhere But Here - Katie McGarry
Summary: An unforgettable new series from acclaimed author Katie McGarry about taking risks, opening your heart and ending up in a place you never imagined possible.

Seventeen-year-old Emily likes her life the way it is: doting parents, good friends, good school in a safe neighborhood. Sure, she's curious about her biological father—the one who chose life in a motorcycle club, the Reign of Terror, over being a parent—but that doesn't mean she wants to be a part of his world. But when a reluctant visit turns to an extended summer vacation among relatives she never knew she had, one thing becomes clear: nothing is what it seems. Not the club, not her secret-keeping father and not Oz, a guy with suck-me-in blue eyes who can help her understand them both.

Oz wants one thing: to join the Reign of Terror. They're the good guys. They protect people. They're…family. And while Emily—the gorgeous and sheltered daughter of the club's most respected member—is in town, he's gonna prove it to her. So when her father asks him to keep her safe from a rival club with a score to settle, Oz knows it's his shot at his dream. What he doesn't count on is that Emily just might turn that dream upside down.

No one wants them to be together. But sometimes the right person is the one you least expect, and the road you fear the most is the one that leads you home.

nowhere but hereTitle: Nowhere But Here
Series: Thunder Road #1
Author: Katie McGarry
Publisher: Harlequin TEEN
Released: 1st June 2015
Genre: Young Adult Contemporary Romance
Format: eGalley
Source: via Publisher on NetGalley - thank you

Well, …………. I’m at a loss! When I finished reading this, I couldn’t think of enough adjectives to describe how much I loved this book. I haven’t read a young adult for a while and was a fan of Katie McGarry’s Pushing the Limits series, but gee, I NEED more of Thunder Road. The characters were strong and variable, the intrigue surrounding Emily’s story was compelling and I was kept speculating throughout. I thought it may be predictable, but the further I read the more my assumptions changed.

Emily is a seventeen year old that will have her world turned upside down and all because her biological dad sent a message. Her top three awful moments of her life so far are:

1.       Meeting her biological father at ten;
2.       Breaking her arm in three places at nine; and
3.       Falling into a hole and being trapped there overnight with a dead body at eight.

Emily believes her stepdad is superman, her own superhero and she thinks the world of him. Eli, her biological father, didn’t want anything to do with her or her mother when she became pregnant as a teenager. They fled Kentucky and haven’t been back, that is until the message from Eli. Now they are all torn.

Emily, Jeff and her mum are travelling to Kentucky and have to face Eli and his biker family. She is curious and has only seen him once a year for the past seven years. Does she have a whole other family there? What and/or how do they live? What do they do for a living?

OZ is seventeen and just graduated high school. He’s has dreamed his whole life of joining the family business since he could walk. Reign of Terror. This motorcycle club is a legit legal club that has a security business attached to it. It’s a dangerous lifestyle though and Oz is champing at the bit to get on the road and protect his dad.

Emily feels so out of place walking into the wake and looking for Eli. With bikers everywhere, her fear escalates and being in a funeral home to begin with has her anxiety at the max. Emily surprises Eli with her presence and then chaos ensues. The Reign of Terror princess has returned.

Emily’s now in danger. Oz is given the task of keeping Emily safe and their attraction is immediate. Even though they hate each other, the connection cannot be denied.

Who is after Emily and why? Why does everybody know the family secret except for Emily? Will Oz accept that Emily is part of the family? Why is her mother so against bikers?

Discover the secrets that surround Emily and if she will finally uncover the truth. Young love, intense loyalty and protective alpha males, strong female protagonists and action are all contained within. Nowhere But Here is absolutely a must read for all young adult readers. It was a lot of fun and the tension between Oz and Emily was amazing, the forbidden love component added to the intenseness and I am desperate to read more from this series. Who will be next?

“The club is a brotherhood, a family. It means belonging to something bigger than yourself.”
"I came here Emily Catherine and I'm leaving here Emily Star and I don't know how to reconcile the two worlds."

5 PAPER HEARTS big heart buttonsgoodreads

12f31-hearts

Check out the trailer:

12f31-hearts

About the Author

katie mcgarryKatie was a teenager during the age of grunge and boy bands and remembers those years as the best and worst of her life. She is a lover of music, happy endings and reality television, and she is a secret University of Kentucky basketball fan. Pushing the Limits is Katie's debut novel with Harlequin Teen.

WebsiteGoodreadsFacebookTwitterAmazonPinterestInstagramTumblr