TurnersAntics

Turner's Antics

Day in the life of a Mum with 3 kids and loves to read! With my many gadgets.

5* Book Review of Dragon's Lair by Chantal Fernando

Dragon's Lair (Wind Dragons Motorcycle Club) - Chantal Fernando
Summary:The first in a new sexy romance series from bestselling author Chantal Fernando about the bad boys of the Wind Dragons Motorcycle Club and the women who fall in love with them.

When I found my boyfriend cheating on me, I did something stupid.

Or should I say, someone?

Because of that mistake, I’m now stuck in a world I don’t belong in.

I’m a law student. They’re criminals. He’s the vice president of a motorcycle club. I’m a good girl with a strict upbringing. He’s my ex-boyfriend’s brother.

And I’m screwed.

dragons lairTitle: Dragon's Lair
Series: Wind Dragon's Motorcycle Club #1
Author: Chantal Fernando
Publisher: Gallery Books
Released: 21st April 2015
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance
Format: Paperback
Source: via Publisher for an honest review - Thank you Simon and Schuster Australia!

I am stuck on MC books at the moment and I absolutely loved this book. Dragon’s Lair was totally addictive and sizzling hot. The brothers are all fantastic and have quirks of their own, their openness about their sexuality was hilarious and I loved Faye’s reaction to them. Chantal Fernando is a new Australian author to me and I’ve definitely added her to my favourites list; her writing style is incredible.

Faye Connor is twenty three and about to have her life changed forever. Faye grew up as the good girl, doing everything she could to please her mother. Next door was the older bad boy and his brother, and Faye quickly became friends and more. Dexter Black always looked out for Faye growing up, then he disappeared and she became attached to his brother, Eric.

Together Eric and Faye had plans, they’re both studying law and have been together since 9th Grade. The typical good girl, Faye doesn’t drink, smoke and never touched drugs. The problem is, Eric obviously thinks she’s too good and the betrayal she receives isn’t deserved by her or anybody else, for that matter. It’s over!

Faye’s had enough of being good and goes out to a bar, she’s cried for two days straight and realises her life is still ahead of her. Being alone at the bar, it isn’t long before she’s approached. At the end of the night, she heads to her car; she spots a guy she recognises standing next to a beautiful Harley, but it’s the eyes that she knows for sure. She hasn’t seen those eyes for five years.

Dex also recognises Faye and he likes what he sees, Faye has always had a crush on him since she was little. Now though, they both want each other so badly, and now she’s single there’s nothing holding her back.

They spend the night awakening passion Faye didn’t know even existed. But when she gets home, it’s to find Eric inside talking to her Mother. He tries over the next week to get Faye back, but she’s not backing down.

Faye is kicked out of her parent’s house a couple of months later. With nowhere to go, she packs her bags, takes her money and leaves town. She’d always had a plan, but now she has other priorities. Staying at dingy motels, she’s surprised by a knock on her door. DEX! He’s found her and now Faye has no choice but to enter his world at the Wind Dragon’s Motorcycle Club.

Why does Dex want her now? Can she accept life inside the Wind Dragon’s world? Will she be accepted by them? Will Dex ask Faye to be his “old lady”? Can Faye overcome her hang-ups and misconceptions about life in a MC?

This may sound a little vague, but I don’t want to give anything away. Wind Dragon’s Motorcycle Club series is a definite read for all romance readers. Dragon’s Lair is a perfect insight into club life and start of the series. All the brothers are complex and loyal to a fault, but clearly misunderstood. This one had something for everybody, intrigue, unpredictable, sizzling hot scenes and of course sizzling hot bikers. I cannot wait for Arrow’s and Tracker’s stories next.

"Dexter Black doesn't know it yet, but one day he's going to be mine." This was said by Faye when she was only ten years old, even then she knew they belonged together.
"I'm the good girl. I've never cheated, never even held hands with another man. I'm not perfect by any means, but I know, I KNOW, I don't deserve this shit."

5 PAPER HEARTSbig heart buttonsgoodreads

hearts

THE SERIES:

12f31-hearts

About the Author

chantal-fernandoChantal Fernando is a New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling author whose novels include two books in the Maybe series—Maybe This Time and its follow up, This Time Around; and her latest releases, Toxic Girl and Saxon. When not reading, writing, or daydreaming, she can be found enjoying life with her three sons and family. She lives in Western Australia.

WebsiteGoodreadsFacebookTwitter