TurnersAntics

Turner's Antics

Day in the life of a Mum with 3 kids and loves to read! With my many gadgets.

5* Book Review of Strike by Heather C. Leigh - BLOG TOUR

strike blog tour banner
Grab your copy of this fab rockstar series with Strike being the second. Dax Davies **sigh**

strike

Strike (Sphere of Irony #2)

by Heather C. Leigh
Release Date: 7th June 2015
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance

Dax Davies has one job to fulfill in the Davies household. Earn money at the family business. The problem is that the family business was illegal underground fighting.

From a young age, Dax and his brothers are groomed to become money earners in their father's club. Broken bones and bruises are commonplace. Their father pits the brothers against each other to 'toughen them up' for the ring, using his rules to bend his sons to his will. His future is in the cage, not on stage where he dreams of making music.

Kate Campbell loves one thing in life. Well, two. Soccer and Dax Davies. Growing up in the poorest part of London, soccer is her personal escape from reality and from the fact that Dax doesn't seem to know she exists. She figures if she can be good enough at soccer, maybe she can get away from Hackney, and leave the poverty behind.

Kate doesn't plan on ever getting to know Dax as more than a passing acquaintance. In fact, she isn't meant to go with her friend to Dax's father's business, but that one night changes everything.

***This is book 2 in the Sphere of Irony Series. It can be read as a standalone. This is a spin-off of the Famous Series***

goodreads

My Review

I really loved Heather C. Leigh’s Ricochet series and was excited to hear about her upcoming release for a rock band series, Sphere of Irony. I haven’t read a rockstar book for a while and this was definitely a fantastic one. I loved the characters, the band as a whole and the growth of all the characters within. Dax Davies and Kate Campbell were wonderful and realistic.

We begin with Dax Davies, he is one of four sons and their father runs an underground fight club. Dax had his first bone broken at the age of eight by his older brother as their father watched.

The Davies boys have five rules:
1.       Family first;
2.       Never let your emotions show;
3.       No f*@king, shagging, wanking, sucking or getting off for seven days leading up to a fight;
4.       Women who act like slags can be treated like slags; and
5.       Defend what’s yours.

Now at eighteen, Dax has grown into a muscled champion and is known for using girls and his icy demeanour. Dax’s dad dictates everything in his life, from what he eats to who he fights. But Dax has a plan, with his best mate Adam, they’re going to be rockstars.

Kate Campbell has been in love with Dax since they first met at the age of seven. Kate believes she’s invisible to Dax, that he doesn’t even know she exists. But now it’s their final year at high school and Kate’s turned eighteen, her best friend tells her to make a move or forget about Dax. Kate is an aspiring football (soccer) player and has plans of her own, she wants a scholarship out of their hometown and away from Dax.

Adam is besotted with Ellie and when she walks up to Adam in the hallway at school, her friend is with her. Dax knows Kate and that they’ve been in school together for years, but why hasn’t he noticed how gorgeous she is?

She’s not obvious or flashy – no, she’s very – girl next door. Dax is surprised by how affected he is by seeing Kate and why he suddenly cares what she thinks of him.

The four start spending a lot of time together; Kate realises Dax isn’t cold and icy like he appears to be and Dax wants to be a better person when he’s around Kate. He doesn’t want to jump into bed with Kate because she’s special to him and he wants to do things the right way. But when Kate and her friend, Tasha go to watch Dax’s fight, she finds he’s being rewarded by another. Kate felt betrayed and heartbroken.

Time goes on and Kate and Dax head their separate ways, only to have fate throw them together again. Dax and his band have become rock gods and Kate is living her dreams of playing football and going to college. Will they meet up again? Can Kate forgive Dax, even though they weren’t officially an item? Will Dax change his womanising ways to be with Kate?

Follow along with the duo as they live, laugh out loud at their antics and cry along with Kate when the “incident” occurs. Watch Dax become the man everyone can be proud of and see how far they can follow their hearts.

“F*@k the rules, my way is much, much better.”

Ms Leigh has a fabulous world, created around this band of misfits. Dax and Adam best mates have added a couple of Americans and great lads, Gavin and Hawke. I haven’t read Incite yet, which is Adam’s story and it didn’t matter one iota. This book spans over ten years and is an epic, intense love story and should be picked up by all romance readers.
5paperhearts
12f31-hearts

Incite (Sphere of Irony #1)
Now ONLY $0.99

incite

About the Author

heather c leigh bioAfter growing up in New England, I currently live just outside Atlanta, GA.

I love the Red Sox and hate the Yankees.

I love hot, sexy romance novels, but hate long, drawn out misunderstandings as a plot line.

I love book series, but hate cliffhangers.

I love alpha males, but hate when they borderline on abusive.

Mostly? I love love love chocolate.

WebsiteGoodreadsFacebookTwitter

Giveaway

Strike Swag Pack (Includes a signed paperback)
Open internationally!