TurnersAntics

Turner's Antics

Day in the life of a Mum with 3 kids and loves to read! With my many gadgets.

5* Book Review of Step F*@k Parts 1 to 4 by Scarlett Ward

step fuck book tour
Check out the first instalment in this fun step romance, Step F*@k by Scarlett Ward. PLUS a fantastic giveaway for a kindle at the bottom.
step fuck 1

Step F*@k (Part #1)

by Scarlett Ward
Release Date: 18th June 2015
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance

SWIPE LEFT.
That's all I did. A few too many glasses of wine with my best friend and the bitch convinced me to go on one of those dating websites.
A one-night stand.
A booty call.
And you know what? It.was.amazing.
I spent all night in a sexy stranger's arms, hot and sweaty, until it was time to sneak out and do the walk of shame back to my apartment.
I never thought I'd see sexy stranger again, and I was totally fine with that - until my mother's wedding.
She's getting remarried, see. And sexy stranger just happens to be my new stepbrother.
All the wine in the world isn't going to make this better.

goodreadsAmazon-Buy-Button12f31-hearts

My Review

Step F*@k Parts 1 to 4

Step romances must be the current thing as I’ve seen a few around. The forbidden love concept has some intense potential, and that’s the case in this book. This is also Scarlett Ward’s debut and a fabulous beginning, I must say. Broken into a serial type series, Step F*@k was a quick read that left me wanting to know what happens next. I thoroughly enjoyed parts one, three and four, the second was a little less intense and slightly predictable, but the overall story was great.

Emma is studying to become an architect, but her real passion is painting. Following in her father’s footsteps was more important to her and painting has been all but forgotten. Emma’s mother is marrying some former Hollywood start and seems to be a bit of a bridezilla.

It’s been six months, three weeks and five days since Emma broke up Tom (not that she’s counting) and she’s still hurt by his betrayal. But her roommate and best friend, Megan decides to take matters into her own hands and signs Emma up on a dating site. Emma’s screen name is “beautifuldreamer” and almost immediately somebody wants to chat with her. “Sexystranger258” seems nice and his photos are hot, Emma begins chatting and flirting and then agrees to meet him.

With some liquid courage and Megan by her side, Emma meets up with sexystranger258.

Jai doesn’t even want to be in L.A., once the wedding is done and dusted, he’s heading back to London. He’s slightly jaded (LOL) about relationships since his parents divorce, and has declared to never get married. He’s a little sceptical of his father marrying again, especially when he hasn’t known his bride-to-be for very long.

He’s meeting a woman in the bar, needs to release some pent-up frustration and what better way than to meet a real, beautiful American woman. He is pleasantly surprised by this one, she is beautiful and fun, but he can tell she is more the girlfriend type than just a hook-up.

Emma is mesmerised by this man’s handsomeness, she eagerly agrees to go back to his room and it isn’t long before they’re frantic with each other.

The next night is the big “family” dinner, when the Brady bunch type deal happens. Emma and her sister Jessica get to meet their new step-brother. Emma is shocked to find her step-brother is none other than the handsome “sexystranger258”.

Jai thinks it’s hilarious, but with Emma horrified will they hook up again? They have two weeks of being around each other before the wedding, can they behave? Will the parents find out about their tryst?

With both characters never having felt these intense and natural feelings that they were meant to be, follow as they make their decisions on yes or no and what happens after the wedding. There were some surprises along the way and a lot of fun. Emma and Jai was such enjoyable characters and everybody needs to pick up this short fab series for a well-written, intense and humorous romance.
5paperhearts12f31-hearts

Other books in the series:

step fuck series

Releasing July 10th

step fuck teaser 8
12f31-hearts

About the Author

scarlett wardScarlett Ward is a yoga-loving, coffee-drinking writer who finally took the plunge and wrote her first book. Her own stepbrother wasn't remotely good-looking, but the one she dreamed up for Step F*@k is absolutely DIVINE.

Scarlett hates long walks on the beach. That shit is hard. She prefers laying out by the pool with her laptop, writing her next story while working on her tan.

GoodreadsFacebookTwitter