TurnersAntics

Turner's Antics

Day in the life of a Mum with 3 kids and loves to read! With my many gadgets.

Book Review of Undeclared by Jen Frederick

Undeclared (Woodlands, #1) - Jen Frederick
Goodreads Summary: For four years, Grace Sullivan wrote to a Marine she never met, and fell in love. But when his deployment ended, so did the letters. Ever since that day, Grace has been coasting, academically and emotionally. The one thing she’s decided? No way is Noah Jackson — or any man — ever going to break her heart again.
Noah has always known exactly what he wants out of life. Success. Stability. Control. That’s why he joined the Marines and that’s why he’s fighting his way — literally — through college. Now that he’s got the rest of his life on track, he has one last conquest: Grace Sullivan. But since he was the one who stopped writing, he knows that winning her back will be his biggest battle yet.
This is a mature New Adult book. I see that it is classified as YA - not sure how to change that - but I wanted to be clear that it has explicit love scenes in the story.

Title: Undeclared

Series: Woodlands #1

Author: Jen Frederick

Publisher: Self Published

Released: 28th April 2013

Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance

Format: eBook (iBooks)

Source: My Library Shelf

I spotted Unspoken on NetGalley and as it is book 2 in the series, I had to grab Undeclared first. Undeclared and Unspoken sounded fantastic and new adult romances seem to be my thing at the moment. I was very intrigued reading the summary of Undeclared when it’s about a teenage girl that starts writing to a Marine in Afghanistan. This was fabulously written and I couldn’t put it down, the pages turned on their own it was that good. Jen Frederick has a new fan in me and I’ve added her to m

y auto-buy author list.

Nineteen year old college student, Grace Sullivan hasn’t had an easy life. Grace is hoping that now in college with her cousin, Lana, she will be able to move past her written love affair. For four years Grace consistently wrote to Noah Jackson while he was deployed and every month sending care packages. She thought there was more going on than just a casual writing companionship, but it appeared that Grace put her heart into the wrong Marine.

Noah got out of the Marines and decided to get himself together. Heading to the same college that Grace is at, he was busy with surveillance on Grace to make sure of her schedule and living arrangements. Noah was waiting for the right time to reveal himself to her; it has to be just right so he doesn’t freak her out.

Grace takes a camera wherever she goes, photography is her passion. In the library one afternoon and taking random photos of the lobby and students within, Grace spots a couple of beefed up hot guys. Snapping a shot, Grace has to take a second glance, was that Noah? Of course it can’t be him, she was just hallucinating,

right?

It’s been two years since Noah left

the Marines and since the last time Grace has heard from him. She has no idea what he is doing and when she sees him standing outside her classroom, she almost thinks he is a ghost. Grace is angry and confused, why would he follow her to college?

Both Grace and Noah have fears in life that they need to overcome. Grace’s love for photography is just a hobby or so she says. Grace is just scared to commit and fail. Noah was in no state to see Grace earlier, but does he now have everything under control? Noah has a plan and is certain that Grace is meant to be in his life, but has to work hard to convince Grace they belong together.

Undeclared was such an emotional roller-coaster. I went through every emotion with Grace along her journey and include the tears too. Noah’s the tough guy with fighting and the Marines, but he also has the soft heart to balance out his toughness. I love her cousin, Lana and her no bars hold attitude too. I really adore this series and cannot wait to read what mischief each Woodland hottie gets into. Cannot wait to read Bo’s story in Unspoken.

5 FANTASTIC ROMANCE BOOKS

af494-addtogoodreads

Hearts

About the Author

Jen Frederick lives with her husband, child, and one rambunctious dog.  She's been reading stories all her life but never imagined writing one of her own. Jen loves to hear from readers so drop her a line at jensfrederick@gmail.com.

~ Website ~ Goodreads ~ Twitter ~ Facebook ~