TurnersAntics

Turner's Antics

Day in the life of a Mum with 3 kids and loves to read! With my many gadgets.

Point of Retreat  - Colleen Hoover OH MY GOODNESS! Point of Retreat was perfect in every way. It continued on from Slammed and I cannot wait to read This Girl to find out what is next for all the characters. Ms Hoover has me addicted to her books and I feel so emotional during and after reading her books that I cannot pick up another for a couple hours. I had to calm down and go wow that was fantastic. I did get a little annoyed with Lake in this one, but only because she was being a total cow towards Will. I really felt for him in this one, poor guy.After the passing of Lake and Kel’s Mum (Julia) they now seem to be in a routine. Starting college has been exciting and enrolling a challenge, but together with Will and Caulder, they make a happy family. Everything seems to be going along ok; they managed to get separate days at school and are not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing. Will has one last gift from Julia that they are to open together. Lake is eager to find out what it is, but emotional all the same. It’s the last object left from her Mum and it seems to make everything final. They open the box and find it contains a vase full of tiny origami stars. The note reads from Julia that each star has a little bit of wisdom that may help them find their way. It could be lyrics from a song, a quote or a saying from Julia, but all will hopefully give them some advice to help their life. Since they don’t have anybody but each other, these little stars will give them a little help.Never finding a moment to themselves, they are never allowed to take their relationship too far. If they ever find a moment in quiet and start kissing, there is always a point of retreat that they call. Lake and Will do not want to get too far in case Caulder or Kel walk in on them. Plus there are also new neighbours across the road and they seem to become part of their mismatched family. Kiersten is an 11 year old with attitude and wisdom of an 18 year old. She speaks her mind and Kel has taken an instant liking to her.Back at school, Will has his first class and finds a familiar face amongst the students. She starts towards Will and sits next to him; he is astounded that it’s Vaughn. He hasn’t seen or heard from her in 3 years since she broke it off when his parents died and now here she is. Vaughn turns up at Will’s house one afternoon to talk to him, she wants to apologise for the way she ended things and to try again. Will has asked her to leave, but she starts the waterworks and as Will has the biggest softest heart, he hugs her. This is when Lake walks in, BUSTED! Now everything is in question. Is Will only with Lake because they have grief in common? Would they have fallen in love if circumstances were different? Could Will love Lake without her baggage?Will now has to prove himself to Lake; prove how much he loves her and that they belong together. He cannot imagine his life without her. Everything gets tested one night when their whole world comes crashing down. Will they survive?I love all the characters in Point of Retreat, Kiersten is hilarious with her attitude and Sherry with her homemade medicine. This book is utterly butterflyingly awesome and is a must read to everybody! I can’t wait to read more from Ms Hoover.