TurnersAntics

Turner's Antics

Day in the life of a Mum with 3 kids and loves to read! With my many gadgets.

The Iron Daughter - Julie Kagawa What can I say that hasn’t been said before about Julie Kagawa and her Iron Fey series? AMAZING! AWESOME! STUPENDOUS! FANTASTIC! So, I guess you could say that I loved this book and the series. I read book 1, The Iron King a while ago and hadn’t gotten around to reading the rest of the series. When The Lost Prince came out though, I couldn’t help myself and had to read it because everywhere I saw fantastic reviews. After reading it, I got excited again for the series and had to read The Iron Daughter, so I borrowed it from the library.After surviving the NeverNever and rescuing her little brother from the Iron Fey, Meghan was hoping her life would return to normal. But since she had to make a deal with Ash, he collected and Meghan had to return with him to the Winter Court. Meghan has been held captive and has lost count of the days. Ash hasn’t returned and seems to be avoiding her. The Queen is making her wait, but when finally she has an audience with her, Ash ignores Meghan. Meghan doesn’t know what to think of him, was he just toying with her feelings, Meghan is heartbroken!The Winter Queen will not believe that the Iron Fey is around everywhere and apparently nobody can find any evidence. The Summer King and Meghan’s Father has come to hand over the season sceptre that will allow winter to come. The Summer King wants his daughter back, but the Queen will not relinquish her and there is uproar.The sceptre is stolen by Iron fey and they killed Ash’s eldest brother in the process. Meghan was witness and left alive, but the Winter Queen doesn’t believe it was the Iron fey. Meghan is going to be killed and Ash comes to her rescue helping her escape. Meghan is determined to find the sceptre and find the new Iron King and in the process stop a war between Summer and Winter.Follow along with Meghan as she tries to find her way, fighting with Ash and being in mortal danger at every corner. With the help of some old friends, Puck and the cat Grimalken, plus some new friends, Queen of the Exiles; Meghan tries to fight her way through the Iron fey and discover who is behind it all. The adventure is heightened by the love triangle; Ash is hiding his true feelings and Puck is also vying for Meghans attention.Julie Kagawa has a fantastic writing style that is so easy to read. When I pick up one of her books, I aaaahhh over how easy and wonderful they are to read. The betrayal, adventure, mystery, romance and humour are just fantastic and with each book I read, I see how Meghan is evolving, maturing and I can’t wait to read more. I cannot decide between Ash and Puck, they are so different, but I can’t help feeling sorry for Puck for always coming off second best. I highly recommend this to all readers, because it is just fantastic.