TurnersAntics

Turner's Antics

Day in the life of a Mum with 3 kids and loves to read! With my many gadgets.

The Vincent Boys: Extended and Uncut (The Vincent Boys, #1) - Abbi Glines WOW, where have I been and why haven’t I read this earlier. I couldn’t put this one down. I had seen this around the blogosphere for a while and decided to buy it. Thought I would give it a try in between reading review books and I have been blown away. Mind you, this is the UNCUT version that I picked up without realising. Abbi Glines is a magician; her writing style and characters are addictive and I instantly fell in love with Beau. **sigh**Beau and Sawyer Vincent are cousins that have grown up together. Have forever been best friends and team mates and also the best friends of Ashton Gray. Meeting Ashton when they were just five years old, they all rambled around the town and into mischief together. The three were always joined at the hip and taking care of one another. Until things started to change, they grew older and the boys noticed that Ashton was changing; she was changing into a GIRL. When they were fourteen, Sawyer built up his courage and asked Ashton to be his girlfriend. They have been together now for 3 years. BUT, Sawyer has gone away on a family vacation into the mountains. Phone reception and computer internet services are questionable at best and Ashton is left to her own devices. Ashton keeps running into Beau, since Sawyer and Ashton became an item, he was left out of the loop and they haven’t spoken since.Now for some reason, Ashton has taken it upon herself to make friends with Beau once again and make things right. She remembers all the fun and good times they all had together and wants that back. Beau keeps testing her boundaries and causing Ashton to have little tingling’s and heart thrashing moments. He wants to test Ashton to see what her true feelings are. With each visit, their feelings return and they find they need to find ways to see each other.What will happen when Sawyer returns? Small towns always have gossip, what is everybody saying about Beau and Ashton being seen together? Being the Preacher’s daughter, what will good girl Ashton get up to? Who will win the heart of Ashton in the end?This book took me on a journey of an emotional discovery. I was crying with Ashton; laughing with Ashton and oohing and aahing over Beau. It travels through the teenage heart with self-discovery, hard life decisions, loyalty and betrayal. I fell so hard for this book that I had to buy The Vincent Brothers and start it straight after. Please note though, that the UNCUT version does have a few scenes with sexy detailing that would be aimed at the more mature young adult. Anywho, highly recommend to all romance readers.