TurnersAntics

Turner's Antics

Day in the life of a Mum with 3 kids and loves to read! With my many gadgets.

Tales from Frewyn: Short Stories from the Haanta Series Vol. 1 - Michelle Franklin This is another beautifully written and illustrated addition into the series about the Commander and the Den Asaan Rautu. Michelle Franklin certainly knows how to entertain the reader and build characters. With this edition full of short stories, the world Michelle has created evolves and causes the reader to want more.The short stories are hilarious. Every story has you rolling around the floor laughing at the antics. They involve the Commander, the Den Asaan Rautu and his brothers, Unghaahi, Otenohi and Obhantaa Leraa and his mate Kai Linaa.All the short stories are varied in their subjects, but a majority of them are regarding Den Asaan Rautu’s considerable appetite for food and chocolate in particular. A couple of my favourites would be the Raisin Cake and Make-outs.Quote from Make-outs at 63% location 2271:“As the young man watched, he notices the woman in his arms grew vastly intrigued with the giant’s attentive display. She eagerly watched with unflinching looks, studying the ravening motions of his mouth and eager gropes of his powerful hands.”The way Den Asaan Rautu is trying to teach the young man by demonstrating how to win the affections of his woman was hilarious and had me laughing for ages.This is a wonderful addition to the series and I can’t wait for the next installment. Michelle Franklin has the perfect balance of humour, romance and drama to allow the reader to follow along easily and fall in love with the characters. ~Katie Turner (The Kindle Book Review)