TurnersAntics

Turner's Antics

Day in the life of a Mum with 3 kids and loves to read! With my many gadgets.

The Secret Ingredient - Dianne Blacklock This is my first novel by Dianne Blacklock and I loved it. Dianne is an Australian author and this book is set in Sydney, Australia. Andie is in her thirties, just discovering that she can still reach for her dreams and make them happen.Andie married a man quite older than herself and being a chef didn't fit into their lifestyle, so Andie didn't follow her dreams when she was married. Getting itchy feet, she wanted something new and her husband bought her a gourmet delicatessen, since she was so interested in food. The Deli was great, but it still didn't allow her to create and cook her own food, her dream was to become a chef.Through her husbands contacts, Andie was given a trial in a kitchen with a three-hat chef, Dominic Gerou. Andie was nervous, but confident at the same time. It had been 10 years since being in a professional kitchen and she was hoping that her skills would come back to her in the kitchen. Having to de-bone a chicken, it all fell apart, Andie had no idea what she was doing and ran out like a little school girl. This was the night everything fell apart. Everything she had known for the past 10 years no longer existed.One day, Andie decided to take her life back and went back to Dominic to ask for another chance. Andie was heading up the chef ladder in leaps and bounds only to be knocked down again when family trouble erupted.This is a pure romance novel, with everything included. I cried, laughed and became enraged with Andie following along with her life. Dianne really knows how to draw the reader in and become apart of the story. I haven't had the honor to read any of Dianne's other books, but I certainly will be adding them to my list now. The Secret Ingredient was wonderful and shows that everybody can reach for their dreams, no matter when in life they are. Highly recommend to all romance enthusiasts.