TurnersAntics

Turner's Antics

Day in the life of a Mum with 3 kids and loves to read! With my many gadgets.

Book Review of Unspoken by Jen Frederick

Unspoken - Jen Frederick
Goodreads Summary: Whore. Slut. Typhoid Mary.   I've been called all these at Central College. One drunken night, one act of irresponsible behavior, and my reputation was ruined. Guys labeled me as easy and girls shied away. To cope, I stayed away from Central social life and away from Central men, so why is it that my new biology lab partner is so irresistible to me?   He's everything I shouldn't want. A former Marine involved in illegal fighting with a quick trigger temper and an easy smile for all the women. His fists aren't the danger to me, though, it's his charm. He's sliding his way into my heart and I'm afraid that he's going to be the one to break me.   Impulsive. Unthinking. Hot tempered.   I allow instinct to rule my behavior. If it feels good, do it, has been my motto because if I spend too much time thinking, I'll begin to remember exactly where I came from. At Central College, I've got fighting and I've got women and I thought I was satisfied until I met her.   She's everything I didn't realize I wanted and the more time I spend with her, the more I want her. But she's been hurt too much in the past and I don't want to be the one to break her. I know I should walk away, but I just can't.

Title: Unspoken

Series: Woodlands #2

Author: Jen Frederick

Publisher: Pear Tree LLC

Released: 13th September 2013

Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance

Format: eGalley

Source: via Publisher on NetGalley - thank you!

I was looking forward to reading Beauregard Randolph III’s book, Unspoken. Bo sounded even more unstable than Noah did and with the intriguing addition of AnnMarie (AM), who could resist! This is another fabulous instalment in the Woodlands series; another fabulously written book that I couldn’t put down. AnnMarie was an interesting character that had family issues as well as college trouble and it was great to see her discover the strength she needed to overcome the issues.

I classed Bo as the bad boy, always wanting to get into fist fights and hooking up with numerous girls for casual flings. But what I didn’t realise until now is that poor Bo had a horrible childhood and has been deflecting in order to deal with the issues. Bo followed Noah into the Marines and then to college. Noah was chasing his girl and followed her to college, so Bo figured he needed to make something of himself as well.

AM has exiled herself from college life and only attends her classes on campus. The horrible treatment she received her freshman year was unforgivable and ever since AM has lived off campus with her BFF Ellie.

Bo and AM end up in biology together and Bo makes sure to become her lab partner. He was taken with her last semester in another class, but she wouldn’t take the bait and ignored him. Now that they are partners, she has no choice but to talk to him. Of course the whole campus knows Bo; he’s the hot fighter that every girl wants. But with AM’s reputation, she shy’s away and doesn’t want any more humiliation.

Can both Bo and AM open themselves up and lift the weight from their shoulders. They both have their secrets and reasons for the way they are, but are they willing to share with each other. Obviously they are attractive and want something physical. Will AM ignore the rumours about Bo and his womanising? Will Bo ignore the rumours about AM? Can Bo control his physical need to beat the bajeezus out of everyone who looks at him wrong?

Watch AM gather her strength and determination to fight back against the rumours. Watch how quickly she realises Bo isn’t all brawn but has a heart as soft as marshmallow. When Bo loves somebody, do not get in his way or you will get the consequences with his fists.

Another tense and intriguing read by Ms Frederick and I’m definitely addicted to this series. Bring on Unexpected and another Woodlands hottie. January cannot come quick enough to read book three. There are so many interesting characters within this series, there could be a possibility for spin offs with the friends. Ellie, Lana, Sasha and Brian are all fabulous. I highly recommend this series to all new adult readers.

5 FANTASTIC CAPTIVATING BOOKS

af494-addtogoodreads

Hearts

About the Author

Jen Frederick lives with her husband, child, and one rambunctious dog.  She’s been reading stories all her life but never imagined writing one of her own. Jen loves to hear from readers so drop her a line at jensfrederick@gmail.com.

Website Goodreads Twitter Facebook ~