TurnersAntics

Turner's Antics

Day in the life of a Mum with 3 kids and loves to read! With my many gadgets.

Taken (Vampire Legends, #2) - Emma Knight This is a total continuation from Sworn, book one and the first paragraph takes off from where it ended. I did like this aspect and it set the whole story for this book. The storyline is interesting, but a little typical of vampire stories, the characters aren’t yet fully explored and I am interested to read the next couple of books to see where they go.Benji and Rachel escaped the school dance and Rachel is trying to get Benji to explain how he is capable of such strength and speed. Benji is frustrated and doesn’t want to share his secret, but knows Rachel has given him an ultimatum. Buggering it all, he spills the beans and this day is the beginning of all the trouble.Rachel doesn’t believe what she hears and runs away from Benji. Arriving home she finds the police and worried parents. Telling them all she knows (except for the sworn secret), Rachel goes to bed worried and anxious.School is horrendous; everybody is talking about the horrible fight from the dance the night before. Rachel is so embarrassed and her friends don’t really help; she is the focus of all the students and the football team is in hospital because of her.The whole town is wondering who and where Benji is and trying to get answers. Rachel is becoming the bad girl, with the influence from her friends, but her relationship with her sister is becoming better and they seem to be closer than ever before.This book does focus more on Benji and his story; giving some backstory and why he made the decision to tell Rachel. But there are always consequences and this one has been major. Telling the secret is forbidden and this has caused chaos with another coven. Rachel and Benji are now in danger.There are some twists and turns along the way, the ending is left open in a huge cliffhanger. The introduction of Benji’s twin brother, Hunter is an interesting addition. He is a total opposite of Benji and I hope he continues to appear in future books. The book does focus on teenage angst and peer pressures, with the added fun of vampire life. I did rate it a 3, but will read the rest of the series.