TurnersAntics

Turner's Antics

Day in the life of a Mum with 3 kids and loves to read! With my many gadgets.

Book Review of Confessions of an Almost Girlfriend by Louise Rozett

Summary: ROSE ZARELLI 2.0 here — 2.0, as in innovative…superior…improved.

Improved how? Glad you asked. This year, I will not:

1. Do things just because other people want me to.
2. Randomly shoot off my mouth.
3. Worry about whether I’m someone’s girlfriend — or not.

So, what will I do this year?

1. Find my thing and be who I want to be.
2. Learn when to speak up — and when to shut up.
3. Tell off Jamie Forta and move on.

I’m older and smarter now — I can totally pull this off. How hard can it be?

Title: Confessions of an Almost Girlfriend
Series: Confessions #2
Author: Louise Rozett
Publisher: Harlequin Enterprises Australia
Released: 1st July 2013
Genre: Young Adult Contemporary Romance
Format: eGalley
Source: via Publisher on NetGalley - thank you!

Another fabulous instalment from Louise Rozett. I thoroughly enjoyed reading Confessions of an Angry Girl and loved where Rose got to in her life. Part of growing up is becoming more mature and learning from your mistakes, I think Rose did some of that in book one. Confessions of an Almost Girlfriend has Rose in even more confusion with Jamie, but also doing some more learning and growing. I want more of this series, when I finished this one, my last thoughts were, I WANT MORE! Fantastic young adult angst and teenage romance.

Rose Zarelli is still grieving for her father. She created a memorial website that gives her a connection to her Dad and allows others to comment on how they knew him, but her Mother doesn’t like it and is determined to shut it down. It’s causing a major rift between mother and daughter.

Jamie Forta, oh Jamie, the bad boy landed in jail over the summer and Rose had no idea if or when she would get to see him again. Regina Deladdo is still a stuck up **beep** mean girl but she has been kicked off the cheer team, so that’s a bonus. Regina has found a new boy for arm candy though there seems to be some kind of secret going on.

The swim team have an end of summer party and everybody that is anybody is there. Rose again finds a way to cause trouble when she thinks Regina’s brother isn’t going to surface from the pool. She jumps in dragging him up and he is not happy about it. More chaos at school to get to the bottom of what happened.

Robert has found another beauty that just moved to town, Holly. Rose has discovered her fancy for singing and they are all trying out for the school musical. Rose and Holly seem to hit it off and become quick friends, but Robert is still keeping a secret.

Jamie returns to school with everybody else and is still not really talking to Rose. What is his story? Why can’t he just leave the Deladdo family behind him? Jamie knows he has feelings for Rose and Rose for him, but he needs to think better of himself. Rose is still battling with self-image and confidence issues too and having difficulty auditioning for the musical, she thinks her life is ruined again. Will Rose ever be happy?

What is Regina’s story? She sometimes looks and acts like a normal girl, nice and friendly, then acts like a b**** again. There is some secret being hidden! Can Jamie get his act together and decide if he will or won’t be with Rose? There are some fabulously sweet make out scenes where the sizzle between them is huge, but still he turns her away.

Rose finally uncovers her calling and is taking it seriously. With Peter still away at college, Rose is worried about him after discovering some disturbing photos. Everything in her life appears to be falling apart again, she can’t seem to get one step ahead. Will her family ever be close again?

I loved the introduction of Holly, she was just fabulous with her attitude and quick friendship with Rose. This book revolved a lot around Rose making decisions as to whether she should tell adults about what’s going on and coping the fallout from the students. Oh Jamie, can he forgive her? I really want the next book now, I have to see what is going to happen next. Another highly recommended young adult romance.

5 FANTASTICALLY ROSE CONFUSING BOOKS

eea44-addtogoodreads
blkslogo   hearts

About the Author

Louise Rozett is an author, a playwright, and a recovering performer. She made her YA debut with Confessions of an Angry Girl, published by Harlequin Teen. The next book in the series, Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend, is due out June 2013. She lives with her 120-pound Bernese Mountain dog Lester (named after Lester Freamon from THE WIRE, of course) in one of the world's greatest literary meccas, Brooklyn...and also in sunny Los Angeles. (Being bi-coastal is fun!) Visit www.Louiserozett.com for more info.

~ Website ~ Goodreads ~ Twitter ~ Facebook ~ Pinterest ~