TurnersAntics

Turner's Antics

Day in the life of a Mum with 3 kids and loves to read! With my many gadgets.

Book Review of Naked by Megan Hart

Summary: No strings. No regrets. And no going back.

I didn't think he wanted me. And I wasn't about to get involved with him, not after what I'd heard. Alex Kennedy was tall, dark and unbearably hot, but I've been burned before. Maybe it was stupid of me to offer, but he needed a place to crash and I needed to pay the rent, but now he's my tenant with benefits. And now that we've crossed that line, I can't seem to find my way back.

But I can't give my heart to a man who's so unconventional. His last relationship was with a married couple. It's enough that my ex-fiancé preferred men, I won't take that chance again no matter how much my body thrives on Alex's touch. I can't risk it, but I can't resist it, either.

Alex can be very convincing when he wants something.

And he wants me.

Title: Naked
Series: Alex Kennedy #2
Author: Megan Hart
Publisher: Harlequin Spice
Released: October 2013
Genre: Adult Erotica Romance
Format: Paperback
Source: Harlequin Australia - thank you so much!

Woot Woot! Another fabulous book from Megan Hart. Number two in the Alex Kennedy series, Naked certainly had me fanning myself, wow wee. I thoroughly enjoyed Tempted, the first Alex Kennedy book and Naked is a continuation. I really enjoy Ms Hart’s writing style, fast paced, steamy scenes and I was addicted from the get go.

Olivia is a very passionate photographer and graphic designer that is still recovering from her ex-boyfriend, Patrick. They are now friends, but Patrick declared he was gay and is now with Teddy. Olivia is insecure when it comes to men and being romantically involved. She is always anxious that he will declare himself gay and will be alone forever.

Alex is not the exception to Olivia’s concerns, he is known among the gay community for being bisexual and being a friend of Patrick’s. Olivia assumes Alex only wants men, but when she meets Alex at a party held by Patrick, she is relaxed and they start talking. Finding out that Alex is in town for a while and needs a place to stay, Olivia offered her vacant apartment below in her very own building.

Patrick isn’t too happy about the whole thing and warns Olivia, but she seems to think there is more going on between Patrick and Alex, although they won’t talk about it. Alex and Olivia spend more time together, just hanging out and enjoying each other’s company. They both have their own secrets and don’t really want to share, but the more they get to know each other, the more they discover trust and a sizzling connection.

Can Olivia discover what secrets Alex is hiding? What really happened with that couple in his past? Can Patrick grown up and get over himself? Will they really become a couple? There is so much love between Alex and Olivia, but with so many complications and secrets can they overcome their fears and insecurities to admit their feelings?

Naked was such an emotional and complex read that I couldn’t put down. I am absolutely in love with Ms Hart’s books and cannot wait to read more. Alex is such a naughty man, but who could not love him. He is very multifaceted, but also has a soft side for the ones he cares about. Olivia needs to be strong and go after her dreams. As do we all!
5 FANTASTIC EMOTIONAL HEARTS

5 FANTASTIC EMOTIONAL HEARTS

1a79c-addtogoodreadsblkslogo harlequin
hearts

About the Author

Megan Hart has written in almost every genre of romantic fiction, including historical, contemporary, romantic suspense, romantic comedy, futuristic, fantasy and perhaps most notably, erotic. She also writes non-erotic fantasy and science fiction, as well as continuing to occasionally dabble in horror.

~ courtesy of Goodreads