TurnersAntics

Turner's Antics

Day in the life of a Mum with 3 kids and loves to read! With my many gadgets.

Book Review of Quintessentially Q by Pepper Winters

quintessentially-q-promo-banner
Have a look at this fantastic dark erotic romance from Pepper Winters and the second in Monsters in the Dark series. Tears of Tess got under my skin and was dark and intense, but I really enjoyed Quintessentially Q a lot more. Check it out below....

18398089

Quintessentially Q (Monsters in the Dark #2)

by Pepper Winters
Released: 15th December 2013
Genre: New Adult Erotic Suspense Romance

“All my life, I battled with the knowledge I was twisted… fucked up to want something so deliciously dark—wrong on so many levels. But then slave fifty-eight entered my world. Hissing, fighting, with a core of iron, she showed me an existence where two wrongs make a right."

Tess is Q’s completely. Q is Tess’s irrevocably. But now, they must learn the boundaries of their unconventional relationship, while Tess seeks vengeance on the men who sold her. Q made a blood-oath to deliver their corpses at Tess’s feet, and that’s just what he’ll do.

He may be a monster, but he’s Tess’s monster.

40ac6-addtogoodreads

My Review

OH MY GOODNESS!! I have to say this book was a total surprise. I was waiting for the dark and horrifying events similar to Tears of Tess, but Quintessentially Q was totally different for me, more of a love story. Don’t get me wrong there are gruesome scenes, but the overall impression I got was a beautiful love story. Pepper Winters is a genius, amazing and I am hooked to her books.

We have dual point of views and it starts with Q (really Quincy, but he doesn’t like being named after his evil father). Q has a dark passion for pain and is extremely ashamed of his cravings. He is afraid of turning into his evil father and causing the same havoc his father did with slaves. He’s been having horrible nightmares ever since Tess returned to him; dreaming that when they undertake pain for pleasure Q will go too far with Tess and kill her.

Tess pushes and pushes Q until she gets her own way (of course, just like all women, persistence is the key) and Q gives in to both of their desires. Tess trusts him on the outside, but is still a little worried on the inside. Their desires take over and the monsters arise.

Starting their life together, Tess starts working with Q when things go horribly wrong. Q is on the war path and is determined to put the traffickers responsible in the ground. Q turns completely monstrous and anybody that gets in his way will be destroyed.
Tess has to gain back and remember her strength, keeping herself intact. But how can Tess with all the unspeakable events she has had to endure. Will Q be able to help her break down the walls and stop her from leaving him forever?

Will Tess be broken indefinitely, without feeling any emotion whatsoever? Will Q have to live with a broken heart? Can they ever get past the disturbing events and enjoy life together? Can Q give himself fully to Tess?

Quintessentially Q was such an emotional, tense and addictive read. I kept snapping at my husband to be quiet so I could finish. I really needed to find out what happened and if there will be a happy ever after. Ms Winters writes with amazing detail (sometimes too much that turns my stomach) that allowed me inside the minds of both Q and Tess. Even disturbing as it was at times, the overall love story was beautiful and shows that love is important and what some will do to keep their loved ones safe. Cannot wait for book three, I need it now!

5 DARK EMOTIONAL HEARTS

5 DARK EMOTIONAL HEARTS

QQTeaser2 HMUBB(1)

hearts

Tears of Tess (Monsters in the Dark #1)

40ac6-addtogoodreads

You can read my review of Tears of Tess HERE.

QQ teaser 4

About the Author

7151973Pepper Winters wears many roles. Some of them include writer, reader, sometimes wife. She loves dark, taboo stories that twist with your head. The more tortured the hero, the better, and she constantly thinks up ways to break and fix her characters. Oh, and sex… her books have sex.

She loves to travel and has an amazing, fabulous hubby who puts up with her love affair with her book boyfriends.

Her debut book Tears of Tess will be followed with Quintessentially Q. You didn’t think Q could stop so soon, did you? Her other two titles, Last Shadow and Broken Chance will be coming soon.

~ Website ~ Goodreads ~ Twitter ~ Facebook~ Pinterest ~