TurnersAntics

Turner's Antics

Day in the life of a Mum with 3 kids and loves to read! With my many gadgets.

5* Book Review of Searching For Someday by Jennifer Probst

Summary: Kate has given up on love—at least for herself. She is both blessed and cursed with the ability to sense a romantic connection between two people—a gift that her family passed down for generations. When Kate launches her own matchmaking company, Kinnection, with her two best friends in a cozy New York town, she has to put aside her own romantic disasters to make her business a success.

But when a furious man stalks into her office and accuses her business of being a scam, Kate is given the ultimate challenge to prove herself. Slade puts himself in her hands and asks Kate to find him love. Enraged at his arrogance but stubbornly eager to prove herself, Kate agrees, dedicating herself to the journey of finding him love...only to find herself falling for him along the way.

Title: Searching for Someday
Series: Searching For #1
Author: Jennifer Probst
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Released: 26th November 2013
Genre: Adult Paranormal Romance
Format: eGalley
Source: via Publisher on NetGalley - thank you

Well, this was my first experience reading a book by Jennifer Probst and certainly not my last. I love this series, such a unique prose with magic and gifts thrown into the mix of romance. I have heard a lot of great reviews for Marriage to a Billionaire series and discovered Searching for Someday on NetGalley. I must say I was pleasantly surprised and totally addicted to this book, I loved the characters and the added bonus of Robert; the epilogue was really cute.

Kate Seymour is 26 years old and single. She is an owner of a matchmaking business, Kinnections that is successful, but she hasn't had an easy life. Kate has a gift that has been passed down each generation; she has the gift of touch, when she comes in contact with a couple, Kate will receive an electric jolt that shows the couple has found their true love. Kate has known all about the gift all her life and has possessed it since she was 8.

After having 100 dates to find her soul mate and being unsuccessful, Kate has decided to swear off dating and focus on Robert and the business. This seems all well and good, but her friends and a certain divorce lawyer have other ideas.

Slade Montgomery is a 33 year old divorce lawyer that is extremely loyal and protective of his younger sister, Jane. Jane has had a history of find the wrong men and left broken. Ever since Slade has taken it upon himself to watch out for her relationships, but Jane decides to grow up and make something of her life. She moves and got a new job, plus joined Kinnections to get help finding her perfect match.

Slade is totally against the whole idea of matchmaking agencies, they are frauds and only out for money. He goes and pays Kate a visit at the agency and the only way to actually keep an eye on his sister is to also join the agency. Slade doesn't believe in everlasting love, so he knows it won’t be a success and will be able to find dirt to sue them as frauds.

Kate is instantly attracted to Slade, but who wouldn't be. The biggest challenge of her life, a divorce lawyer that is against love from the start, Kate is determined to find his match. She likes a challenge and Slade seems to have made a challenge of his own, to seduce Kate. Together they made a list of qualities Slade wants in a woman and Kate is the total opposite.

Will Kate be able to fight the lure of Slade and his pursuit? Will Kate be able to find Slade a match that he likes? Will Slade’s sister find her mate without disaster? Why can’t Slade believe love exists?

My favourite character is Robert, the knowing and lovable dog that Kate rescues. He is her life and seems to find room in Slade’s heart too. The idea that there is a soul mate out there for everybody is a beautiful romantic story; the characters are all complex with more stories for each hidden within this one. Searching for Someday was a fabulous introduction to the series and I cannot wait to find out the stories of Kennedy, Arilyn and Genevieve; plus more. It was such a delightful and emotional journey for both Kate and Slade and I highly recommend this book to all romance readers.
5 BEAUTIFUL FUN EMOTIONAL HEARTS

5 BEAUTIFUL FUN EMOTIONAL HEARTS

1a79c-addtogoodreads
blkslogo
hearts

About the Author

Jennifer Probst wrote her first book at twelve years old. She bound it in a folder, read it to her classmates, and hasn’t stopped writing since. She took a short hiatus to get married, get pregnant, buy a house, get pregnant again, pursue a master’s in English Literature, and rescue two shelter dogs. Now she is writing again.

She is the NYT and USA Today bestselling author of The Marriage Bargain. She is published both erotic and sexy contemporary romance with Entangled, Decadent, Red Sage and TWRP. She has also written a children's book, Buffy and the Carrot, co-written with her twelve year old niece, along with a short story, "A Life Worth Living." Visit her website for more info!

~ courtesy of Goodreads