TurnersAntics

Turner's Antics

Day in the life of a Mum with 3 kids and loves to read! With my many gadgets.

5* Book Review of Vivian's List by Haleigh Lovell

Vivian's List Banner
Today I have the pleasure of posting a review for this fantastic new adult contemporary romance novel. Vivian's List is a debut and I loved it. Check it out below..........

Vivian's List Vol 1 by Haleigh Lovell

Release Date: 4th October 2013
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance (recommended for readers 18+ due to language and sexual content)

Her brother's best friend. A sexual bucket list. An erotic love story.

Vivian Sorenson is in a verbally abusive relationship. When her boyfriend, Brody, calls her "frigid" and "boring ol' vanilla," Vivian finally ends the toxic relationship and embarks on a journey of sexual self-discovery.

Liam Sykes has known Vivian all his life. She's his best friend's little sister and she's always been off-limits. When he happens upon Vivian's sexual bucket list, he crosses that forbidden line. Soon it becomes more than just sex as Liam picks up every jagged little shard of Vivian's shattered heart and pieces it back together, replacing it with a piece of his own.

** This is book 1 in a two-part series

1a79c-addtogoodreads

blkslogo

hearts

My Review

Wow wee, I absolutely loved this book. When the tour sign up came around and I read the description I was extremely intrigued to find out the list that Vivian created. Haleigh Lovell certainly created an intriguing premise and a lovely romance, but included realistic issues as well. Vivian’s List was a fast paced, wonderful style read that left me wanting more, I was totally addicted and knew within the first 25% of the book it would be a 5 star worthy read.

Vivian Sorenson and her brother Julian are orphaned when their parents tragically die in a car accident four years ago. Their relationship changed horribly and Julian hardly speaks or sees Vivian now. Julian enlisted in the army with his best mate Liam and rarely comes home on leave. The three grew up together, but now older Vivian is a young woman and has needs of her own.

Living in the family home, Liam is on leave from the military and stays with Vivian to organise maintenance on the house. Vivian has been with Brody for a few months and doesn’t realise that he is emotionally abusing her. Brody has started telling her what to wear and demanding where she is every second of the day.

Liam is trying to get Vivian to realise what Brody is doing, with experience personally understood from his parents’ relationship. Vivian knows she can trust Liam and decides Brody is no good, but the horrible words Brody demeans her with like “frigid” has turned Vivian into a mess.

After drinking herself into oblivion one night and noticing how hot Liam is, Vivian and Liam share a very passionate **fans face** kiss. Still that word Brody used keeps haunting her and now determined to prove to herself she isn’t, creates a list of events she wants to experience. Starting with the first, Vivian is in her room knowing Liam is out. Standing in front of the mirror she starts her inspection in close detail with her door slightly ajar, Liam walks in to find Vivian.

Liam is a Lieutenant and has experienced some very horrible events. Not talking to his Father since his parents split, Liam is an emotional wreck too. Somehow Vivian strikes up a deal with Liam with no emotional attachments and Liam has to go back to the military in a week anyway. But what they both don’t understand is their childhood friendship will only increase and their feelings amplifying tenfold will go in a different direction.

Will Liam really go back to Iraq? Can Vivian live with not knowing if Liam will return safely? Will Julian open up to Vivian? Can Liam overcome his family issues and contact his Father?

There are so many elements to this story that I was kept on edge the whole time. They both seem to have family issues together and hopefully will help each other overcome some of them. I cannot wait for volume two and I highly recommend this to all new adult romance readers.
5 WONDERFUL HEARTS

5 WONDERFUL HEARTS

hearts

About the Author

Haleigh received a B.A. in Journalism and a B.A in Sociology. Despite training as a journalist and a sociologist, Haleigh soon found she preferred making up her own stories--stories with heat and heart.

An expert at the art of procrastination, Haleigh is easily distracted by food and can often be found snacking on Flamin' Hot Cheetos, Pringles, Kit Kat bars, Toblerones and sushi.

Come say hello!