TurnersAntics

Turner's Antics

Day in the life of a Mum with 3 kids and loves to read! With my many gadgets.

5* Book Review of Stranger by Megan Hart

Summary: I pay strangers to sleep with me. I have my reasons.

But they're not the ones you'd expect.

For starters, I'm a funeral director taking over my dad's business. Not exactly the kind of person you'd expect to fork over cash for the intimacy and urgency only skin-to-skin contact can create. Looking at me, you wouldn't have a clue I carry this little secret so close it creases up like the folds of a fan. Tight. Personal. Ready to unravel in the heat of the moment.

Unsurprisingly, my line of work brings me face-to-face with loss. So I decided long ago that paying for sex would be one of the best (and most arousing) ways to save myself from the one thing that would eventually cut far too deep.

But Sam was a mistake. Literally. I signed on to "pick up" a stranger at a bar, but took Sam home instead. And now that I've felt his heat, his sweat and everything else, can I really go back to impersonal?

Let's just hope he never finds out about my other life.

Title: Stranger
Series: Standalone
Author: Megan Hart
Publisher: Harlequin SPICE
Released: December 2013
Genre: Adult Erotica Romance
Format: Paperback
Source: Harlequin Enterprises Australia - thank you so much!

What another fantastic book by Megan Hart. I love reading her books, they are so diverse and each one entertaining in their own right. Stranger was so very different and intriguing with having a woman as a funeral director, wow, how interesting; the research into this book must have been gruesome. Grace was certainly a fun character and with Jack and Sam, two hotties added into the mix, you can’t go wrong.

Grace runs the funeral home that has been in her family for generations. Grace was the only one of her siblings interested in taking over when her Father retired. She is surrounded with sorrow and witnesses the loss of loved ones every day and as a result is not interested in a relationship because she doesn’t want to have to feel the pain of loss herself. SO for Grace to have intimate contact she hires men from an Agency regularly, this is her only vice, a way to escape the sadness.

Grace paid to meet a stranger at a bar and was excited about the role play of this meeting. Sitting at the bar, Grace gets interest from other men, but when Sam sits down she immediately thinks he is her stranger. After a few minutes they decide to head up to Sam’s room and get into action. Grace is extremely attracted to Sam and loves the game. On her way out she receives a phone call from Jack explaining that he was running late for their appointment. HUH? Grace mistook Sam for Jack who is the one from the Agency. WHAT THE!

Jack is twenty four and quite new into the world of working for the Agency. Meeting Grace finally, she gives him some advice, but also likes him in appearance and his eagerness to learn. They quickly become bed buddies with Grace footing the bill via the Agency and with each visit they both start to feel something more. Grace tries to quickly leave after their performance as she doesn’t want to linger and think too much about the feelings they have.

Grace's family keep pestering her about the men she is sees and wants to meet them, but Grace denies she has a serious relationship happening. Her family are not going to accept this for long. What is Grace going to do?

Organising a funeral Grace discovers that Sam is the son of the deceased. Oh boy, how to explain what actually happened. Sam hasn’t been able to stop thinking of Grace and takes it as a sign that they were meant to see each other. Sam pushes himself into Grace’s life, but will she let him into the secret of her nightlife?

How will her family take it if or when they find out about her secret? Can Grace really never have feelings for a man and let him into her heart? How will she cope with the stress and pressure from her Father over running the family business?

Grace is stuck in a triangle of passion. She doesn’t know what she wants any longer and is starting to feel lonely now for the first time in a while. What will she do about it? I really enjoyed the idea of Grace paying for intimacy and can understand why she would with all the sorrow that she sees every day. There were a couple of questions for me unanswered, but overall I really loved the premise and I feel sorry for Jack and Sam trying to break down Grace’s walls. I highly recommend this to all adult erotica readers, Megan Hart is a champion.

5 SORROWFUL HEARTS

5 SORROWFUL HEARTS

hearts

About the Author

Megan Hart has written in almost every genre of romantic fiction, including historical, contemporary, romantic suspense, romantic comedy, futuristic, fantasy and perhaps most notably, erotic. She also writes non-erotic fantasy and science fiction, as well as continuing to occasionally dabble in horror.

~ courtesy of Goodreads