TurnersAntics

Turner's Antics

Day in the life of a Mum with 3 kids and loves to read! With my many gadgets.

5* Book Review of Mine by Katy Evans

Summary: He's mine, and I'm his. Our love is all-consuming, powerful,imperfect, and real...

In the international bestseller REAL, the unstoppable bad boy of the Underground fighting circuit finally met his match. Hired to keep him in prime condition, Brooke Dumas unleashed a primal desire in Remington "Riptide" Tate as vital as the air he breathes... and now he can't live without her.

Brooke never imagined she would end up with the man who is every woman's dream, but not all dreams end happily ever after, and just when they need each other the most, she is torn away from his side. Now with distance and darkness between them, the only thing left is to fight for the love of the man she calls MINE.

Title: Mine
Series: Real #2
Author: Katy Evans
Publisher: Gallery Books
Released: 5th November 2013
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance
Format: eBook
Source: My iBooks Shelf

Book two in the Real series doesn’t disappoint, boy oh boy, what another exciting and intense love story continuation. Katy Evans has continued on directly from Real and Mine is heart-wrenchingly realistic and emotional. I was intensely addicted to Mine from the get go, Brooke and Remy have such strong love for each other that nothing will break their bond. I can’t wait to read the story of Melanie, she seems like a lot of fun and lightens the mood throughout.

After the disaster of last season, Remington “Remy/Riptide” Tate is determined that this year is his year to win the championship in the Underground fighting league. He has been training so very hard that his muscles are almost bursting. Loving him blue or black has made Brooke’s life and career. Taking care of Remy as his physio is something she is obsessed with and has to have her hands all over his huge muscles **waggles eyebrows**.

Brooke is still feeling guilt and anger from leaving him last year when he was at his weakest, broken and black. Coming back to him was the best decision she has ever made, but trying to cope with her inner darkness and guilt is going to be difficult. Especially when events surface of women during the time she was gone. Even though they were not together, Brooke still feels jealous and overwhelmed with the information. Can Brooke overcome her insecurities and let the past be the past?

Remy is so very protective of Brooke and knows that this year will be a dangerous one. Scorpion will want revenge and to carry on his championship, but just how will be go about doing that?

When circumstances come forward and Brooke comes into danger, she is packed off back home and separated from Remy and his world for a couple of months. The separation is driving them both crazy with need and desire; they are having dark thoughts and don’t want to drift apart. Going against everything the world puts to them, Remy and Brooke should be able to conquer it all **fingers crossed**.

It appears Nora is getting into trouble again, will Brooke be able to save her sister this time? Will Scorpion leave them alone? Who will win the championship? Will it be Remy’s year? Can Brooke and Remy finally have a happy ever after?

Remy goes black, but instead of a hyper black it’s a depressed black and causes more pain and hardship for the whole team. Remy is so down that he isn’t sure if he will be able to reach the surface anymore. Hopefully Brooke’s love is strong enough to draw him out….. Depression is a tough subject and people deal with it in different ways every single day. Relating to both Remy and Brooke during MINE was tear jerking and I found myself crying along with Brooke. This is a sure sign of the marvellous skill that Ms Evans has with detailing every minute emotion. Bring on REMY!

5 HEART-ACHING HEARTS

5 HEART-ACHING HEARTS
0a881-addtogoodreads
blkslogo

hearts

About the Author

My Life in 8 Words: “Hectic, wonderful, complete; everything I ever wanted.”

Katy Evans grew up with books and book-boyfriends until she found a real sexy boyfriend to love. They married and are now hard at work on their own happily ever after. Katy loves her family and friends, and she also loves reading, walking, baking, and being consumed by her characters until she reaches “The End.” Which is, hopefully, only the beginning…

Website Goodreads Twitter Facebook ~