TurnersAntics

Turner's Antics

Day in the life of a Mum with 3 kids and loves to read! With my many gadgets.

Interview with Sigal Ehrlich author of Layers

LayersTourBanner2
Today I have the lovely Sigal Ehrlich on the blog with a fantastic interview.Check out the book and interview below, with TWO giveaways.

Layers

Layers (Stark #1)

by Sigal Ehrlich
Released: October 2013
Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance

According to Hayley love is a subject of ridicule, a myth created by hopeless romantics.

When Hayley makes a resolution to declare her loose lifestyle era R.I.P, it’s all good in theory…

That is until she meets Daniel Stark, a well-respected, mid-thirties business man who is known for his short temper, lack of steady relationships as well as his strict preserve of his private life.

Opinionated, sharp tongued Hayley accidently steps into his office leaving Daniel resolved to put Hayley in her place and have her in his bed.

Both Hayley and Daniel can’t avoid the immediate instigation of the attraction between them.

In a unanimously agreed upon verdict by Hayley and her two best friends, Ian the gay self-absorb, aspiring model and Natasha the witty, borderline neurotic soul mate, Daniel Stark is to be Hayley’s pure physical attraction, emotions aside era closure.

Will it indeed be a closure, or a beginning to something neither Hayley nor Daniel ever bargained for…

f8806-addtogoodreads
blkslogo

hearts

Interview

Thank you Sigal for stopping by today.

Can you please tell us a little about yourself with 5 fun facts?

1. 1.  My dreams at night are in several languages.

2.  I’m addicted to Pepe Jeans, I’m embarrassed to say how many pairs I have.

3.  The best ideas/sentences come to me in the a shower.

4.  I love driving with extremely loud music on.

5.  I’m the worst singer on the planet, really!

When did you realise you wanted to be a writer and what was the very first thing you ever wrote?
I think I first realized that I wanted to write was when I was a teenager, back then I used to write sugary to a nauseating manner love stories. I’ve always wanted to write, but making the switch from wanting to actually doing something about it was about a year and a half ago, that’s when my first full length novel was written.

How do you come up with your characters? Are they based on real people’s characteristics?
My wild imagination mostly, though there’s one character who’s intentionally based on a real person. A person who’s very close to me, and I adore. But, I do see some familiar traits here and there in all of my characters. Even fiction comes from within, so it’s doomed that my “real life” will somehow incorporate into my stories.

Who designed your book cover and why did you choose that particular design?
The magic maker, Ms. Regina Wamba of MAE I design. I was looking for a cover that will be sensual but subtle, something that will draw you with a hint of sex but will still look classy.

I really love this cover, it certainly drew me in!

In one sentence, can you tell the readers why they should read your book?
Layers has a certain uniqueness as it centers around real life characters with real life dilemmas, it’s a lighthearted story that’s mostly fun, even during some of the angsty parts.

Do you have a favourite non-spoilery scene or quote from Layers?
My favourite quote, which I think summarizes Hayley’s attitude is: “In the comfort of my room, in front of god, myself, and my immaculate collection of shoes, I declare tonight the swan song of my sordid lifestyle. No more. I am not marching on that path, ever again.”

I see that Inner Core is next in the series, can you tell us a little about it and when it’s due for release?
Inner Core is about the next step of Hayley’s and Daniel’s relationship, when love is there but there’s so much more to grow into while facing setbacks and learning to accept each other no matter what the differences are. As in Layers, also Inner Core is entwined with fun and light scenes and while there is angst there’s always an iota of humor to make it bearable.

Inner Core is due to release pretty soon, at the end of January. As Layer’s ends with a cliffhanger, I didn’t want my readers to have to wait too long.

If you could have one special ability, what would it be and why?
God, that’s a tough one. Eat without gaining weight? Just kidding…

Read thoughts, I love observing people, in a none stalkery kind of way, that is… So to know what they think would be amazing.

What’s one piece of technology you cannot live without?
My kindle. I already own 3 and have my mind set on the new paper white.

I love my gadgets too, I have a Kindle Fire, iPad Mini, iPad2 and laptop to read on. :)

When you are writing, do you have a set routine that gets you started or just go with the flow?
Go with the flow, I’m the kind of writer who just needs a keyboard and the words are pouring.

QUICK DRAW!
Tea, coffee or hot chocolate? Coffee, loads of.
Sweet or savoury? Savoury
Cats or dogs? Dogs
Day or night? Night
eBooks or paperbacks? eBooks, once you go kindle, you can never go back.
Favourite all time book? The places you’ll go by Dr. Seuss

About the Author

SigalBy teen age, Sigal already lived in three different continents where she had the luck to experience and visit varied places, meet unique people, which only helped fuel her overly developed imagination. Currently, Sigal calls Estonia home where she lives with her husband and three kids.

Not exactly sure where they will end up next…

When she is not hiding in her office, writing, she enjoys music, reading and taking care of her little clan.

With a great believe in "don’t wait for things to happen - make them happen," she enjoys anything exciting life has to offer.

~ Website ~ Goodreads ~ Twitter ~ Facebook ~