TurnersAntics

Turner's Antics

Day in the life of a Mum with 3 kids and loves to read! With my many gadgets.

4* Book Review of Rumor Has It by Elisabeth Grace

RumorHasItTourBanner
My stop on this fabulous tour is today (obviously) and my chance to share with you my thoughts of Rumor Has It. Check it out below..........

Rumor Has It (Limelight #1)

by Elisabeth Grace
Released: 6th December 2013
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance

All publicity is good publicity, right? Unless you’re recent college grad Ellie Wagner and an embarrassing video of you and your boyfriend goes viral. Every man in your life abandons you, but who knew a one-minute clip of your latest doomed relationship would brand you a slut, prevent you from getting your perfect job, and force you to keep doing the one thing you swore you’d never do again…live with your mother.

But staying with mom and her latest boy-toy (is this husband number four or five?) until your life turns around might not be all bad. Especially when you fall – literally – at the feet of a sexy, green-eyed stranger who offers you freedom and a life of luxury on a gold-rimmed platter.

There’s only one little problem – the man of your dreams is none other than Mason Nash, the latest hip-hop star busting up the music charts. Fame and fortune are his calling cards and he’s vying to steal the show on a new reality TV series that will catapult him into mainstream stardom. Hello spotlight.

The man behind the famous persona is perfect for Ellie in every way, but can she overcome the ugly pitfalls that come with Mason’s celebrity status? Or will she be forced to choose between the man she loves and the independent life she longs for? After all, fame and fortune aren’t always what they seem and not all publicity is good publicity…

f8806-addtogoodreadsblkslogo

My Review

Rumor Has It was a passionate and endearing read with Mason proving that not all rockstars act like God’s gift to women. Elisabeth Grace has a wonderful writing technique and definitely had me drawn into the characters feelings and story. With the dual point of view from Ellie and Mason, it was a great insight on how misunderstandings can escalate when you don’t listen to the whole story.

Ellie Wagner is a twenty one year old college graduate that is being ridiculed for honesty and giving a date a piece of her mind. Ellie has dating rules and his one particular guy decides he’s had enough and blasts Ellie; when she retaliates somebody in the restaurant captures her rant on his phone and puts it on YouTube. Social media has turned against Ellie and getting her dream job is even difficult because of that darn clip. Ellie works for a real estate until the perfect job comes along and she has to live with her Mother in the meantime.

Mason Nash is a fairly new rockstar in the hip-hop business and for the last five years he has been rising up the charts. He hasn’t had a solitary moment with touring and his Mother’s issues going on so decides to take a month off to relax. Heading to Virginia Beach and renting an oceanfront house, he is determined to relax and stay out of the public eye.

On a chance meeting between Ellie and Mason they feel an instant attraction; Mason talks Ellie into going on a date with him that night. Ellie tells Mason her rules and they fight against the pull towards each other. Mason was surprised to find Ellie like that, but worried she was a fan trying to get in his pants. Fortunately Ellie had no idea who he was at all and he was relieved.

That was the beginning of their animalistic attraction and each trying to keep their secrets hidden. Ellie doesn’t want to be in the public eye and Mason wanting a quiet escape. But when everything comes out in the open, can they both forgive and understand why?

With Mason only staying around for a month, Ellie tries hard not to fall in love with him, but it is getting difficult. When he goes on tour Ellie is introduced to the world of celebrities and she discovers insecurities that she didn’t know existed. Trying to stay out of the public eye is even harder now.

Will the media pull them apart or will it be his ex-girlfriend Rebecca? Will Ellie finally get the job she’s been waiting for? Will they find a happy ever after coming from such different worlds?

Rumor Has It is a great introduction to the Limelight series and I cannot wait for Skye’s story next in Picture Perfect. I really loved Ellie as a character, she had a confidence that is like any average woman, but can question herself when the situation arises. I recommend this to all romance readers.

4 ROCKING HEARTS

4 ROCKING HEARTS

About the Author

I have a soft spot for romance novels with happily ever afters and a hot spot for alpha males! I currently live outside Toronto, Canada with my hubby and two small children. Life is busy, but never to busy for a good story and to share my love of reading and writing with others.

My debut New Adult Contemporary Romance, Rumor Has It, releases December 6, 2013.

For more of the lowdown on me feel free to visit my author website at http://www.Elisabeth-Grace.com

~ Website ~ Goodreads ~ Twitter ~ Facebook ~