TurnersAntics

Turner's Antics

Day in the life of a Mum with 3 kids and loves to read! With my many gadgets.

4* Book Review of Rule by Jay Crownover

Summary: Opposites in every way . . . except the one that matters

Shaw Landon loved Rule Archer from the moment she laid eyes on him. Rule is everything a straight--A pre-med student like Shaw shouldn't want--and the only person she's never tried to please. She isn't afraid of his scary piercings and tattoos or his wild attitude. Though she knows that Rule is wrong for her, her heart just won't listen.

To a rebel like Rule Archer, Shaw Landon is a stuck-up, perfect princess-and his dead twin brother's girl. She lives by other people's rules; he makes his own. He doesn't have time for a good girl like Shaw-even if she's the only one who can see the person he truly is.

But a short skirt, too many birthday cocktails, and spilled secrets lead to a night neither can forget. Now, Shaw and Rule have to figure out how a girl like her and a guy like him are supposed to be together without destroying their love . . . or each other.

The first Marked Men novel in Jay Crownover's combustible New Adult series.

Title: Rule
Series: Marked Men #1
Author: Jay Crownover
Released: 7th May 2013
Publisher: William Morrow
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance
Format: eBook
Source: My iBooks Shelf

Rule was another highly anticipated read for me. I have heard so many wonderful comments about this series and with the release of Rome, I decided to take the plunge and read RULE. I was certainly not disappointed and loved the characters to pieces. I cannot wait to read more of the Marked Men series and I am certainly looking forward to the complicated man that is Rome.

There is a dark cloud hanging over Rule Archer and that would be his twin brother Remy. After an accident three years ago, the lives of the Archer’s and Shaw Landon have never been the same.

Rule lives with his best mate, Nash and together they work as tattooists and are extremely talented. Rule has gone through life bedding women and drinking the high life with his mates without having a concern for his parents. Rule’s brother is in the military and Rome doesn’t get the chance to come home often, but when he is injured on duty, Rome has to return home to recuperate and this is where the fun begins. Rome has the ability to see through the exterior and see the feelings within.

Shaw Landon has always been a part of the Archer household ever since Remy brought her home in high school. She was like the stray cat that need sheltering and instantly felt at home with the Archer’s. Her own parents divorced and remarried, but always had no regard for Shaw; they expected her to follow their rules and that was her life.

Since the accident three years ago, the Archer family drifted apart and Shaw was the only one trying to hold it together. Every Sunday she would pick Rule up and drive him home for family lunches, but Shaw couldn’t handle any more of them ridiculing Rule over his choice to be himself.

Everybody knew that Shaw always had feelings for Rule, but he was always oblivious. Nothing seems to get into this thick skull until one night he goes to the bar where she works. That night is the night Rule discovers Shaw is a woman and a very beautiful one.

The only problem that seems to get in their way of exploring each other is Shaw’s ex-boyfriend, Gabe. Gabe doesn’t know how to handle Shaw saying no and go away; Rule decides Shaw needs protection and takes that task upon himself.

Will Shaw and Rule be able to get past the accident? Can they be totally honest with each other? What will their respective parents think about them being a couple? Can Shaw ever be free of Gabe?

Rule certainly has a lot of elements going on and so many emotions. I loved the tug of war between Shaw and Rule and the growth that Shaw makes in herself. My only quip would be the on again off again between the two, it drove me nuts, but I guess that is also what created the need in me to finish quickly. I really do recommend this series to all new adult readers, with so many handsome men, who could turn it down?

4 MARKED HEARTS

4 MARKED HEARTS
0fda7-addtogoodreads

hearts

About the Author

I’m a native Coloradoan and if you live here you know why that is a source of pride.  I love all the things Colorado has to offer and that is why I choose to set my books in this familiar setting.  I try to write about things I know and am familiar with which is why my stories feature plenty of rock and roll and body modification.

I’ve been in the bar industry since I was in college and I spend over forty hours a week watching the interaction between men and women in a unique way.  I think my 9 to 5 job offers me valuable insights into how relationships start and evolve in a social setting.  I love it.

I like to write New Adult novels because I remember being in my early twenties and thinking I had it all figured out only to be proven wrong time and time again.  When I look back those were the years that defined who I am today, and good or bad those decisions untimely set me on my current path, so that’s what I like to explore in my writing.

~ courtesy of Corvisiero Agency