TurnersAntics

Turner's Antics

Day in the life of a Mum with 3 kids and loves to read! With my many gadgets.

5* Book Review of Relentless by Cassia Leo

Summary: Sometimes, letting someone into your heart is the bravest risk to take.

Claire Nixon is a twenty-year-old college dropout with a secret she'll never tell. Then she meets sexy Adam Parker. Claire knows the flirting is harmless, but guys like Adam mean trouble. Then a seemingly innocent comment spurs a bet between them: if Adam can get Claire to reveal the secret that made her leave her college and her life behind, she has to re-enroll.

Claire's sure she can win. She's perfected the art of forgetting her past. But she isn't prepared for Adam's relentless pursuit, and she's definitely not prepared when her first love, rock-star Chris Knight - and her heartbreaking secret ­- comes banging down her door.

The heart-stopping, addictive first book in bestselling author Cassia Leo's new adult Shattered Heart series.

You can also read books two and three in the Shattered Heart series -Pieces of You and Bring Me Home.

New Adult Contemporary Romance: Due to strong language, drug reference, and sexual content, this book is not intended for readers under the age of 18.

Title: Relentless
Series: Shattered Hearts #1
Author: Cassia Leo
Publisher: Random House
Released: 19th December 2013
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance
Format: eGalley
Source: via Publisher on NetGalley

Goodness gracious me, what a book. I absolutely loved this book, it was so well written by Cassia Leo that I read it in a day. Amazing characters, with backstories so complicated and I just fell in love with Adam, sweet sweet Adam.

Claire Nixon is a twenty year old that had a very troubled life and is trying to live a day at a time. For the last 10 months since Claire pulled out of college, she has been living week to week renting a small flat and working at a café. Her BFF, Senia is currently sharing the flat to help pay the rent for the summer and they are aiming to have a fabulous summer.

Adam Parker works for his family’s business and has anger management issues. Adam has his own ideas about the business and has a strained relationship with his Dad. Grabbing a coffee at Claire’s café, there’s a douche giving Claire a hard time and he helps her out. Little do they know that they actually live in the same building; Adam is the new tenant. Claire has a lot of secrets and doesn’t like to share, but when Adam comes knocking on her door, how can she keep refusing him.

Claire’s Mother died when she was seven and she had a hard life before that. Going from foster home to foster home until she can leave for college, Claire has trouble trusting men. Her Mother put some very strong ideals in her head about men, they can’t be trusted and they only want one thing. Then Adam comes along and everything gets thrown out the door.

Adam’s determination to date Claire is admirable, but he knows that something happened to Claire and she hints at a sin that is unforgiveable. But what Claire doesn’t realise is that everybody has their own secrets and Adam is no exception.

With Adam’s determination, will Claire share her secrets? What is her big sin? Can Adam knock down his walls and share his as well? What is so shocking that could tear them apart?

Relentless was unpredictable and had some very interesting secrets and horrible events. I absolutely loved the twists and turns I didn’t see coming, amazing! With Adam and Claire having very different futures, will they be able to last the distance? I certainly love Ms Leo and have added her to my auto-buy list. I cannot wait to see where these two end up and will start Pieces of You very shortly. I highly recommend this book to all new adult readers, it’s magnificent.
5 DETERMINED SECRETIVE HEARTS

5 DETERMINED SECRETIVE HEARTS

0fda7-addtogoodreads
hearts

About the Author

New York Times bestselling author Cassia Leo loves her coffee, chocolate, and margaritas with salt. When she’s not writing, she spends way too much time watching old reruns of Friends and Sex and the City. When she’s not watching reruns, she’s usually enjoying the California sunshine or reading.

She believes in true love and happy endings, and that the most palpable regrets come from watching those two things slip away. Her favorite books and movies are the ones that challenge her mentally and leave her emotionally scarred. Her family has declared her a “method writer” because she gets “in character” while writing. She believes becoming the character is the only way to truly understand him or her. Her dream is to one day score a record deal based on her awesome shower singing skills.

~ courtesy of Cassia Leo's website