TurnersAntics

Turner's Antics

Day in the life of a Mum with 3 kids and loves to read! With my many gadgets.

SPOILER ALERT!

5* Book Review of Healing Rain by Karen-Anne Stewart

RainTrilogyTourBanner
Today I have the pleasure to share this fantastic series with you all. The Rain Trilogy is a fabulously intense romance with action and intrigued. Check it out below, my review of book #2 Healing Rain and a giveaway at the bottom.

HR

Healing Rain (Rain Trilogy #2)

by Karen-Anne Stewart
Released: 29th August 2013
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance

Shattered when Raina runs after his marriage proposal, Kas is hell-bent to find her and bring her home, where she belongs. He will bend every law necessary to do so, willing to do anything to protect Raina from her demons and the men who haunt her, going as far as placing his career and life on the line to save hers. Raina will give up everything she has worked so hard to achieve, even flee the country to keep Kas from the wrath and powerful reach of her abusive father.

In the midst of the FBI team closing in on the Ghost, another ghost from Raina's past taunts her, promising that she will be his. Meanwhile, a different trafficking ring is gaining strength in New Jersey. Michael solicits Raina's help, needing her smooth, sultry voice to win the audition for the new singer in the ring leader's swanky night club. Raina knows her life is in jeopardy with the dangers of being undercover, but she is blindsided when she discovers that it's her heart that is threatened with a mortal blow.

Raina tries to heal from the nightmares of her dark past as the grisly bodies of innocent victims surface when the team gets closer to discovering the identity of the man responsible for the infuriatingly clever and powerful slavery ring. When Raina finally comes face to face with the Ghost, he quickly engulfs her in a twisted game of cat and mouse, delivering a veiled threat as he slips through her fingers. As the ghosts of her past and present ensnare her in their deadly web, Raina realizes the danger has just begun.

0fda7-addtogoodreads

My Review

**Please note there will be spoilers for Saving Rain in this review**

I was apprehensive to read Healing Rain after finishing Saving Rain. I am so invested into Raina and Kas, but couldn’t think what would happen to her in book two. But of course curiosity got the better of me and I needed to know where Raina went and what Kas does to find her. Another fabulously written book by Ms Stewart and I will have to read After the Rain to find out more; I was left needing more.

Raina Kapture is on the run. Attempting to keep Kas safe from her father, she does the only thing she knows and tries to disappear. Safely on the plane, Raina gives in to her emotions and breaks down. She has never cried so much in her life, her heart is thoroughly broken.

Kas is broken also, but determined to find Raina and discover the real reason she won’t accept his proposal. Using all his contacts with the FBI, he locates her in a beautiful picturesque country a long way from home. With the help from Chase (Kas’ BFF) they try to convince Raina that she is worth more than her father’s threats. Will she return home with Kas? Will she agree to marry him?

Raina has started to receive anonymous phone calls and they are beginning to take their toll on her life. With final exams for college coming up, she needs to concentrate, the only problem is there are too many issues going on around her. Kas is travelling for work and trying to find the ring leader of the trafficking ring. Will they trust each other enough to share their burdens?

When Raina confronts her Father she knows there is only one solution and without Kas knowing what she has planned, trouble is imminent. Will Raina survive?

Chris Sutton is Raina’s ex and currently behind bars for attacking her, but with his release coming up this just adds another level of stress to her life. Will Chris stay away?

I actually enjoyed Healing Rain more than Saving Rain. There seemed to be more intenseness and more love; plus the fantastic writing style of Ms Stewart. The ending…….oh dear, I am certainly left needing to read book three, After the Rain. It was fantastic to see Raina grow in confidence and resolve, her determined love for Kas was admirable. I highly recommend this thrilling series to all new adult readers.

5 INTENSE LOVING HEARTS

5 INTENSE LOVING HEARTS

hearts

Other books in the series:

You can find my review for Saving Rain HERE,

About the Author

KAKaren-Anne Stewart has always adored reading and has now fallen in love with writing. Her written works are The Rain Trilogy: Saving Rain, Healing Rain, and After the Rain. Her debut novel, Saving Rain: The First Novel in The Rain Trilogy, was a nominee for the Book Junkie’s Choice Awards and is a nominee for the 2013 RONE Awards.

When Karen-Anne isn’t writing, she enjoys spending time with her family and friends, hiking, and visiting new places. She fuels her addiction of creating new stories by her only other addiction, caffeine, and listening to a myriad of musical genres. Tucked away near the Blue Ridge Mountains, Karen-Anne lives with her husband, daughter, two dogs, and their cat. She plans on writing new adult romance as long as her fingers maintain dexterity.

~ Website ~ Goodreads ~ Twitter ~ Facebook ~