TurnersAntics

Turner's Antics

Day in the life of a Mum with 3 kids and loves to read! With my many gadgets.

5* Book Review of That One Summer by C.J. Duggan - BLOG TOUR

That One Summer-tour final
Hello and welcome to my stop on this fabulous tour by Australian author C.J. Duggan. Have a look see of my review below, the other books in the series and a giveaway at the bottom.

ThatOneSummer

That One Summer (Summer #3)

by C.J. Duggan
Released: 17th December 2013
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance

Loving Chris Henderson would be wrong. Diabolically disastrous. I mean, what is there about him to love? He’s moody, bossy, brooding, a control freak, and that’s on a good day … but there was one achingly obvious fact that haunted my every thought, every minute of every day …

He sure could kiss.

As the countdown to the new millennium begins, there is one thing everyone agrees on: no one wants to be in Onslow for New Year’s Eve.

So that can only mean one thing: road trip!

No longer the mousey, invisible, shy girl from years ago, Tammy Maskala is finally making up for all those lost summers. A new year with new friends, which astoundingly includes the bossy boy behind the bar, Chris Henderson.

She likes her new friends (at least most of them), so why does she secretly feel so out of place?

After chickening out on the trip, a last-minute change of heart sees Tammy racing to the Onslow Hotel, fearing she’s missed her chance for a ride. The last thing she expected to meet was a less-than-happy Onslow Boy leaning against his black panel van.

Now the countdown begins to reach the others at Point Shank before the party is over and the new year has begun. Alone in a car with only the infuriating Chris Henderson, Tammy can’t help but feel this is a disastrous start to what could have been a great adventure. But when the awkward road trip takes an unexpected turn, Tammy soon discovers that the way her traitorous heart feels about Chris is the biggest disaster of all.

Fogged up windows, moonlight swimming, bad karaoke and unearthed secrets; after this one summer nothing will ever be the same again.

ba7d5-addtogoodreads

PURCHASE LINKS CAN BE FOUND HERE.

My Review

I hadn’t read any of the Summer series yet, but had them on my TBR list. I am a big fan of Australian authors and when the tour invite came through I just had to be involved. I read book three in the series, That One Summer without reading books one or two. I don’t think it mattered in the least, although I didn’t know the other characters, the story was surrounding Tammy and Chris. I loved Ms Duggan’s writing style and all the characters are fabulous, varied, funny and typical Australian teenagers.

That One Summer is set during the summer of 1999-2000 with the big unknown of the new millennium. The summer that everything changes for Tammy Maskala and Chris Henderson. The story begins with Tammy hanging out with her friends at the Onslow Hotel one night and they decide to play MURDER IN THE DARK. Ringer has to do the searching and Tammy takes off, she opens the first door she finds. Someone grabs her and they both hide in the closet, using her hands she has to discover which Henderson boy she is hiding out with and it’s Chris.

Chris is known for his moody irritable attitude and serious behaviour, running the local pub is stressful and busy, but it does have its benefits. There seems to be an electrical charge between Tammy and Chris whenever they accidentally touch, what is that about?

Down by Sean’s lake house, the boys decide so go camping for New Years and the girls invite themselves along. Tammy isn’t sure she really wants to go, but Amy (her BFF) is pushing for her to go.

At the last minute Tammy goes, but the others have already left. Chris offered to drive Tammy to catch up with everyone and it gives them a chance to get to know each other. Slowly they relax and start to enjoy themselves. When they catch up with the gang, they still want to hang out with each other.

There is trouble in paradise with another couple in the group, tension is strong and it makes the group a little uncomfortable. The group continues on to their destination and Chris with Tammy head off on their own.

What is the big surprise that Sean has planned? Can Tammy and Chris overcome their fears and let their feelings develop? Will the troubled couple get it together?

I absolutely loved this book and had to pick up another straight after to read more about the Onslow boys. The fun comedic banter between all the friends was hilarious and all the details from the nineties was fun to reminisce about as well. I can’t wait for the new releases to come out and to read An Endless Summer. I highly recommend this series to all new adult readers for fun, laughter and romance.

5 FUN LOVING HEARTS

5 FUN LOVING HEARTS

hearts

The other books in the series:

You can PRE-ORDER RINGER HERE and FOREVER SUMMER HERE.

About the Author

cj dugganC.J Duggan is a Number One Best Selling Australian Author who lives with her husband in a rural border town of New South Wales, Australia. When she isn’t writing books about swoony boys and 90’s pop culture you will find her renovating her hundred-year-old Victorian homestead or annoying her local travel agent for a quote to escape the chaos.

The Boys of Summer is Book One in her highly successful Mature Young Adult Romance Series.

~ Website ~ Goodreads ~ Twitter ~ Facebook ~ Street Team ~

Giveaway

One (1) winner will receive eBooks of The Boys of Summer, An Endless Summer and That One Summer by C.J. Duggan
Open Internationally

RULES AND RESTRICTIONS:
Contest is void where prohibited. Entrants must be 13 or else have parent or guardian’s permission to enter. Winners will be notified via email and will have 48 hours to respond or another winner’s name will be selected. Winning entries will be verified for authenticity.

a Rafflecopter giveaway