TurnersAntics

Turner's Antics

Day in the life of a Mum with 3 kids and loves to read! With my many gadgets.

5* Book Review of A Shade of Blood by Bella Forrest

Summary: In A Shade Of Blood, Bella Forrest transports you deeper into a unique, enthralling and beautifully sensitive story. Prepare to be lost in its pages…

When Sofia Claremont was kidnapped to a sunless island, uncharted by any map and ruled by the most powerful vampire coven on the planet, she believed she’d forever be a captive of its dark ruler, Derek Novak.

Now, after months of surviving an endless night, the morning sun may soon rise again for Sofia. Something has possessed Derek’s heart and he offers her a gift no human slave has ever been given in the history of his cursed island: escape.

High school, prom and a chance to move on with her life now await her.

But will she be able to forget the horrors that steal her sleep away at night? … and the feelings that haunt her for that tormented prince of darkness?

Title: A Shade of Blood
Genre: Young Adult Paranormal Fantasy Romance
Format: Kindle eBook
Source: My Kindle Library

**Please note this review will have spoilers for A Shade of Vampire**

I absolutely loved A Shade of Vampire and had to get the remaining books in the series, but haven’t had a chance to read book two until now. This is a fantastic series, so very different from any other vampire one and I love the characters to pieces. Ms Forrest has a wonderful writing style and I was hooked from the get go.

Following on from A Shade of Vampire, Sofia Claremont and Ben Hudson are back to reality and have to face the wrath of Ben’s parents. Everything feels surreal to Sofia and Ben, being back in the sunlight but having dark nightmares. Can they overcome their experience in the Shade?

They try to be normal and start back at school and do everything they did before the Shade. It’s not that easy for Sofia though and for some reason, Ben is behaving differently towards Sofia.

Back on the island, the Shade is undergoing some drastic changes, Derek has found his dark side and is missing Sofia terribly. Derek has decided that the island has become lazy and if they were to go to war, they would lose. He starts finally taking an interest in the inhabitants on the island and have his army prepare for war.

Ben is having difficulty coming to terms with his physical and emotional scars. He is trying to convince Sofia that the vampires are evil creatures and must be destroyed. Sofia doesn’t understand Ben’s theory and knows Derek has some good in him. Which side will they each choose?

Will Sofia be able to move on from Derek? Will she be able to live a normal life? Is Ben able to overcome his pain? Sofia receives a little help from a friend to make her decision and Ben makes a tough decision of his own. Ben also finds there are a lot more secrets hidden than anybody realises. Derek makes some decisions where a lot of the community does not like and causes unrest within the Shade.

There are an immense number of elements going on in A Shade of Blood and the twisty path that you follow throughout keeps the reader guessing. I loved all the elements and with Sofia being desired by more than one vampire as well as the Hunters, who is going to win? I am certainly left wanting for more of this fabulous world and need to find out what happens to Sofia, Ben, Derek and Vivienne. I highly recommend this series to all fantasy readers.

5 TWISTY INTRIGUING HEARTS

5 TWISTY INTRIGUING HEARTS

ba7d5-addtogoodreads

hearts
About the Author

"A Shade Of Vampire 6: A Gate Of Night", COMING SOON!

*Visit www.forrestbooks.com to join Bella's new releases email list: you'll be the first to know when it's released and you'll be automatically entered to win a signed copy!*

I guess my life as a writer started when I was five; I'd sit under the kitchen table with my box of multi-colored wax crayons (I miss those) and create picture books. Creative writing was always my favorite subject and I used any free time I had to sit down with a notepad.

Not much has changed, except that now I have developed vampirish habits: my writing "day" typically starts at 1am.

I'm an avid reader, a big fan of cookie ice cream and I'm often travelling. When working I have to disconnect the internet for fear of being endlessly distracted by websites such aswww.icanhas.cheezburger.com.

~ Website ~ Goodreads ~ Twitter ~ Facebook ~