TurnersAntics

Turner's Antics

Day in the life of a Mum with 3 kids and loves to read! With my many gadgets.

5* Book Review of Escape In You by Rachel Schurig - BLOG TOUR

Review on 19th March 2014
I am excited to share my review with you today on this fantastic new adult romance. Have a look see, add the book to your TBR list and check out the giveaway at the bottom.

EscapeInYou

Escape In You by Rachel Schurig

Released: 13th October 2013
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance

This new adult contemporary romance contains mature themes and is recommended for ages 18+

This is a complete story with no cliffhanger!

Jet Taylor is the quintessential bad boy. A womanizer. A fighter. Dangerous. The type of guy most girls do their best to avoid. But Zoe Janes is no saint herself. In fact, she sees in Jet the perfect opportunity to distract herself from her responsibilities at home and the mistakes that keep her trapped there. He’s gorgeous, likes to party, and is clearly only interested in having fun—just like Zoe.

The more time they spend together, the harder it is for Zoe to stick to her “fun only” mantra. Jet is getting under her skin, making her believe things could actually be different. She knows they’re both trapped by the sins of their past but Jet is starting to make her think freedom might actually be possible.

And that makes him the most dangerous boy of all.

ba7d5-addtogoodreads

hearts

My Review

Another fantastic new adult contemporary, there are so many fabulous Authors around and here is another one, Rachel Schurig. Escape In You was a fabulous book of love, loyalty and messed up families. Ms Schurig created a story that shows the affects others can have on your emotional state and when you find somebody like minded that makes you a better person, you should grab hold and not let go.

Zoe Janes is a twenty one year old community college student and is ready to hit the summer party season to forget her upsetting family life. Zoe’s Mother is very ill and with a Step-Dad is a drunk; Zoe has all the responsibility of taking care of her Mother. She has to make sure her Mother eats, bathes and actually makes it out of bed at some point during the day. Because of this, Zoe had to delay going to college.

Ellie is Zoe’s BFF and drinking buddy. They head off to a party around town and end up in a wealthy neighbourhood. Summer has come and with it arrives all the college kids come home. This party isn’t something that Zoe would normally go to, but with free alcohol available they head in. Zoe is desperate to get that numbing feeling going.

Zoe notices a hot boy and he sits next to her on the couch. He looks out of place, with tattoos and the bad boy persona, so she instantly likes him. She calls him Taylor and they hit it off; there is a connection and Zoe can tell that he has secrets too.

Taylor (usually called Jet, nickname or Jeremy his first name) wants to know more about this girl with the no nonsense attitude and sad eyes. Heading to the supermarket, by chance they cross paths and hook up at a party again that night. Their first kiss is explosive, but the location isn’t very fitting for anything more, so the brakes are put on.

From then on, Zoe and Jet hang out every night. Zoe escapes her house to be with Jet and Jet escapes in Zoe to her refreshing personality. Their feelings quickly escalate, but because of their sad emotional state are too frightened to tell each other.

Zoe has a family emergency and leaves Jet. Jet doesn’t know what to do without Zoe to balance him out and relies on the bottle again to feel numb. Jet goes too far and they both realise how much they care for each other, but is it too late?

What are the family secrets? Can they both follow their dreams and be happy? What really happened to Zoe’s Mum?

Escape In You is a very emotional read and I could really feel for Zoe. Her family life hasn’t been an easy one, but neither has Jet’s. This is a very realistic possibility within families and it’s horrible to think that people so young would have to deal with such heartache. I love the title and it really is how they feel about each other; I certainly escape within my husband. I recommend this one to all new adult readers that want an emotional challenging love story.

5 HEARTACHING HEARTS

5 HEARTACHING HEARTS

hearts

About the Author

Rachel Schurig lives in the metro Detroit area with her dog, Lucy. She loves to watch reality TV and she reads as many books as she can get her hands on. In her spare time, Rachel decorates cakes. Her THREE GIRLS series is available now from Amazon!

~ Website ~ Goodreads ~ Twitter ~ Facebook ~