TurnersAntics

Turner's Antics

Day in the life of a Mum with 3 kids and loves to read! With my many gadgets.

5* Book Review of Blindfolded Innocence by Alessandra Torre

Summary: "I'm not sure what you have been told about me, but I'm not nearly as bad as they make me out to be." His deliciously deep voice carried a little bit of ego. "I'm sure you are exactly as bad as they make you out to be…."

Brad De Luca is used to getting whatever and whomever he wants. The premier divorce attorney in town, he's a playboy who's bedded half the city—including his own clients. And when the newest intern at his firm poses a challenge, his seductive prowess goes into overdrive.

Pre-law student Julia Campbell is fresh off a failed engagement and happy with her new independence. Even if she weren't warned away from Brad at every turn, she'd know he was bad news. The last thing she needs is a man who could destroy her job prospects, not to mention her innocence. But before she knows it, the incorrigible charmer has her under his spell. His deviant tastes plunge her deep into a forbidden world of sexual exploration…but her heart may not survive the fall.

Title: Blindfolded Innocence
Series: Innocence #1
Author: Alessandra Torre
Publisher: Harlequin Spice
Released: 1st February 2014
Genre: Adult Contemporary
Format: Paperback
Source: Harlequin Enterprises Australia - thank you so much.

WOO HOO, what a fabulous read. This certainly had my heart pumping and oh Brad De Luca, he is a man you cannot resist. This is my first experience reading an Alessandra Torre book and I am hooked. I finished and wanted more immediately, lucky for me Masked Innocence wasn’t too far away. Ms Torre has a wonderful writing style that I was addicted to from the get go, poor Julia was copping it from every angle, but she held her own. Go Julia!

Julia Campbell is a twenty-one year old intern that is trying to escape her stalking ex-boyfriend. She knew it wasn’t working and broke up, quit her job and moved apartments to start fresh. Julia applied as an intern at the renowned firm, Clarke, De Luca and Broward. A highly successful law firm that is highly sought after in both interns and women.

Julia was excited to be accepted as an intern and partnered with Kent Broward. Everybody was warning her against Brad De Luca. De Luca is known for his womanising ways and from past experience with interns, they keep the ladies away from him. Broward is known for being a tough lawyer, but a very good mentor, Julia couldn’t have asked for a better internship.

Julia is warned numerously that she MUST stay away from De Luca, but he has other plans. Broward goes out-of-town on business and Julia finds a file sitting on her desk that belongs to De Luca. What will she do with it? Return it of course. Heading across the hall to De Luca’s wing, Julia is astonished by the fun environment. She returns the file and De Luca spots her quickly, apparently mistaking her for somebody else.

De Luca is a divorce lawyer and brings in the highest clientage numbers and dollars. But he is also known to offer other services to his women clients. De Luca is an enigma, women can’t help but be attracted to his arrogance and male presence. He is also determined to have lunch with Julia that is apparently a tradition with all the interns. Really??

Sneaky De Luca wheedled his way in and they lunch. One thing leads to another and they head to Vegas for a weekend of fun and pampering. Julia is expecting BIG things from the weekend and he shows Julia what he is good at….. **clears throat**

Julia has very strong principles and will only sleep with a man who could be the one and that she loves. De Luca certainly doesn’t fit that bill, but slowly he convinces Julia that there is a possibility for intimacy without love.

After the weekend, they make a deal to never speak of Vegas and ignore each other at the office. De Luca doesn’t seem to be able to hold up his end of the bargain though and becomes very jealous; he won’t even allow another man to befriend Julia.

Will they get together? What about their working relationship? Will Julia get dismissed? Will Julia agree to De Luca’s intimacy ideals? Will they fall in love?

I certainly cannot wait to read Masked Innocence and see where they go, will they have a relationship or won’t Julia be able to handle what De Luca needs? Their attraction can certainly not be questioned, but would it last? Fabulous characters and growth by both main characters. De Luca has to compromise, as does Julia. I highly recommend Blindfolded Innocence to all adult romance readers that like spice and tension.

5 PALPATATIING HEARTS

5 PALPITATING HEARTS

ba7d5-addtogoodreads
hearts

About the Author

Alessandra Torre is an exciting new author who astonished the publishing world with the success of her first novel, Blindfolded Innocence. Initially self-published, the intriguing romance and erotica title quickly rose to the top of the charts on Kindle and Amazon where it attracted the interest of major publishing houses. Currently available on Kindle, iBookstore and Nook, Blindfolded Innocence will be available in print in through Harlequin Publishing on January 25, 2014.

Torre’s captivating story about a young intern’s sexual awakening has won praise and rave reviews from numerous critics, bloggers and book reviewers, including the acclaimed Dr. Laura Berman. In her recent article “35 to Read After 50″ in Everyday Health, Dr. Berman recommended Blindfolded as a must-read for book enthusiasts searching for a new fix after Fifty Shades of Grey. The book has also received high marks from readers on Goodreads and other literary web sites where fans frequently remark they can’t wait for a Blindfolded sequel.

Momentarily stunned by the book’s rapid success, Torre resumed her daily writing routine and published ‘The Girl in 6E’, an erotic thriller that explores the hidden fetishes men covet and the life of a female recluse who battles an overwhelming desire for murder. The Girl in 6E will be released in Summer 2014, as a hardcover novel, through Redhook, an imprint of Hachette.

From her home near the warm waters of the Emerald Coast in Florida, she devotes several hours each day to various writing projects and interacting with her fans on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. Happily married to her “best friend” and with one son, she loves watching SEC football games, horseback riding, reading and watching movies.

~ Website ~ Goodreads ~ Twitter ~ Facebook ~

harlequin

Source: http://turnersantics.wordpress.com/2014/03/12/5-book-review-blindfolded-innocence-by-alessandra-torre