TurnersAntics

Turner's Antics

Day in the life of a Mum with 3 kids and loves to read! With my many gadgets.

4* Book Review of My Sweetest Escape by Chelsea M Cameron

Summary: The past will always find you.

Jos Archer was the girl with the perfect life; until the night it all came crashing down around her. Now, nine months later, she still hasn't begun to pick up the pieces. Even transferring to a new college and living under the watchful eye of her older sister, Renee, isn't enough to help her feel normal again.

And then she meets Dusty Sharp. For reasons Jos can't begin to fathom, the newly reformed campus bad boy seems determined to draw her out of her shell. And if she's not careful, his knowing green eyes and wicked smile will make her feel things she's no longer sure she deserves.

But even as Dusty coaxes Jos to open up about the past, he's hiding secrets of his own. Secrets about the night her old life fell apart. When the truth is finally revealed, will it bring them closer together;or tear them apart for good?

Title: My Sweetest Escape
Series: My Favorite Mistake #2
Author: Chelsea M Cameron
Publisher: Harlequin MIRA
Released: 1st February 2014
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance
Format: Paperback
Source: Harlequin Enterprises Australia - thank you so much

This isn’t my first experience reading a Chelsea M Cameron novel and of course not my last. I absolutely love all of her books and My Favorite Mistake was fantastic. Ms Cameron’s writing style is awesome and my favourite character in this one was definitely Dusty and Hannah a close second.

Joscelyn Archer is an eighteen year old that has been getting into mischief for the past nine months and won’t give any explanation other than she has changed. Ten months ago, Jos was going to be the next President or a Senator at least and dressed the part. A month later, everything changed and Jos’ life was put into perspective. What happened? What is the mysterious event that changed her whole life and made her drink alcohol, use drugs, skip school and lose all her friends?

Jos was told to leave college and move in with her sister, Renee; which meant she had to move city and college as well. Not very impressed and feeling sorry for herself, Jos had an ask-no-questions attitude. Renee was a take-no-prisoners type of gal and placed Jos on lockdown. She was not to go anywhere without one of the housemates as chaperone. Another reason to despise her life.

Jos met a strange boy at a vending machine and thought nothing of it, until they meet again and the boy is at Yellowfield House. Dusty Sharp looks like a bad boy, tattoos, muscles and attitude; that’s not the half of Dusty or his talented mouth. Dusty also has his share of secrets and seems to realise that Jos needs a friend. Pushing himself into her life, Dusty is determined and Jos cannot say no for long.

Starting a new college is a little daunting, but with classes the same Jos slots into routine once again. Meeting Hannah Gillespie, a burn victim with attitude, Jos finally has found somebody with their own secrets that she can hang around without pressure. Jos’ mysterious secret keeps catching up with her though and when she discovers details about Dusty’s life she runs for the hills.

What is this secret? What is Dusty’s secret? Will they get together with the blessing of the housemates in Yellowfield House? Can Jos be allowed some freedom to live?

I didn’t love this one as much as My Favorite Mistake, but the characters all returned and you can’t help but love them all. Renee is certainly a fireball and the fun that goes on in each book is humorous with each character adding their own value to the story. I was hooked on the intrigue throughout and can’t wait to read more of the Yellowfield House residents. I highly recommend this series and My Sweetest Escape to all new adult readers.

4 INTRIGUING HEARTS

4 INTRIGUING HEARTS

f7f77-addtogoodreads
hearts

About the Author

Chelsea M. Cameron is a YA/NA New York Times/USA Today Best Selling author from Maine. Lover of things random and ridiculous, Jane Austen/Charlotte and Emily Bronte Fangirl, red velvet cake enthusiast, obsessive tea drinker, vegetarian, former cheerleader and world's worst video gamer. When not writing, she enjoys watching infomercials, singing in the car and tweeting. She has a degree in journalism from the University of Maine, Orono that she promptly abandoned to write about the people in her own head. More often than not, these people turn out to be just as weird as she is.

~ Website ~ Goodreads ~ Twitter ~ Facebook ~