TurnersAntics

Turner's Antics

Day in the life of a Mum with 3 kids and loves to read! With my many gadgets.

SPOILER ALERT!

5* Book Review of Pieces of You by Cassia Leo

Summary:  Claire Nixon and Adam Parker each have a painful past too heavy to carry alone. Claire once tried to push Adam away but his relentless pursuit of her heart made her walls come crumbling down, and now they know they’re much stronger together than apart.

But now Claire's attending college a hundred miles away from Adam, and the distance is forcing a crack. To add to the strain, Adam is sent to Hawaii on business, and doubts start creeping into both their hearts.

Claire’s also dealing with her ex, rock star Chris Knight, being back in her life. Chris wants Claire more than anything, and he knows just how to get her: only he has the power to mend the final missing piece of Claire's broken heart. How can Claire ever choose between taking a chance on new love, or a second chance at having a family and a home?

Title: Pieces of you
Series: Shattered Hearts #2
Author: Cassia Leo
Publisher: Tantor Media
Released: 21st January 2014
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance
Format: eGalley
Source: via Publisher on NetGalley - thank you

**Please note there are spoilers for Relentless – read with caution**

I absolutely loved Relentless and couldn’t wait to see where Pieces of You was heading. Claire, Adam and Chris are fantastic characters; there is a lot of depth and emotion attached and I feel for Claire. Cassia Leo’s writing style is fantastic and I was addicted from the start. I enjoyed Relentless a little more than this one, but it was still a great instalment in the series and I cannot wait to see what happens next.

Claire Nixon has gone back to school and Adam Parker has gone back onto the professional surfing circuit. They love each other, but know they have different paths to lead at the moment. Adam tries to see Claire as much as possible, but when his father sends him to Hawaii for eight weeks work, their relationship becomes strained. Especially when Chris Knight is still trying to push his way back into Claire’s heart.

When there’s an accident, Claire rushes to be with Chris. Adam is furious of course, as he is a jealous man to begin with and is having second thoughts about their relationship. It is so hard to think clearly when they are so far away from each other. Being in Hawaii there is so much temptation with girls, drugs and alcohol that Adam can easily get into his old habits. But he is still thinking about Claire. Can he abstain?

It also looks like Chris and Claire will be able to meet their daughter in person for the first time. Claire is extremely anxious and worried what the adoptive parents will think of her for giving her up. Claire runs and needs Adam, but he doesn’t offer support.

Chris knows how to get inside Claire’s heart. Family is very important to her and with Chris’s ability to get anything with his fame and money, he has no doubt that Claire is meant to be with him.

Adam has his own challenges while in Hawaii. His ex-girlfriend shows up and there is a giant question mark on their past relationship. Knowing how much he loves Claire and how much she must have gone through by herself, he has new found respect for her and wants her back.

Will Claire be able to choose between these two complicated and demanding men? Both men promise their hearts and lives to her, but which will she choose? What about her schooling? Will she ever get to see her daughter?

Mystery and cliffhangers are painful, but definitely do their job. I cannot wait to read Bring Me Home and see what Claire’s decisions are. Can she ever find happiness and the right man to bring it to her? Certainly another emotionally turbulent read that had me crying with sadness and gasping with surprise. Ms Leo is certainly a master of the surprises. I highly recommend this series to all new adult readers.

5 INTRIGUING HEARTFELT HEARTS

5 INTRIGUING HEARTFELT HEARTS
1d989-addtogoodreads
hearts

About the Author

New York Times bestselling author Cassia Leo loves her coffee, chocolate, and margaritas with salt. When she’s not writing, she spends way too much time watching old reruns of Friends and Sex and the City. When she’s not watching reruns, she’s usually enjoying the California sunshine or reading.

She believes in true love and happy endings, and that the most palpable regrets come from watching those two things slip away. Her favorite books and movies are the ones that challenge her mentally and leave her emotionally scarred. Her family has declared her a “method writer” because she gets “in character” while writing. She believes becoming the character is the only way to truly understand him or her. Her dream is to one day score a record deal based on her awesome shower singing skills.

~ Website ~ Goodreads ~ Pinterest ~