TurnersAntics

Turner's Antics

Day in the life of a Mum with 3 kids and loves to read! With my many gadgets.

5* Book Review of Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter

Summary: She won’t rest until she’s sent every walking corpse back to its grave. Forever.

Had anyone told Alice Bell that her entire life would change course between one heartbeat and the next, she would have laughed. From blissful to tragic, innocent to ruined? Please. But that’s all it took. One heartbeat. A blink, a breath, a second, and everything she knew and loved was gone.

Her father was right. The monsters are real….

To avenge her family, Ali must learn to fight the undead. To survive, she must learn to trust the baddest of the bad boys, Cole Holland. But Cole has secrets of his own, and if Ali isn’t careful, those secrets might just prove to be more dangerous than the zombies….

I wish I could go back and do a thousand things differently.
I'd tell my sister no.
I'd never beg my mother to talk to my dad.
I'd zip my lips and swallow those hateful words.
Or, barring all of that, I'd hug my sister, my mom and my dad one last time.
I'd tell them I love them.
I wish... Yeah, I wish.

Released: 25th September 2012
Genre: Young Adult Paranormal Fantasy Romance
Format: Kindle
Source: My Library Shelf

Alice in Zombieland is my first Gena Showalter experience and boy o boy, what an experience. It has taken me a while to pick this one up and I definitely regret not doing it sooner. I totally loved Ali and Cole. Talk about a bunch of sizzling hot bodies **woo hoo**. Who could not love Cole and his crew, really? You can always spot an experienced author when the writing style is just exquisite and I was so addicted to this book. AMAZING!

Alice Bell isn’t the typical teenager daughter. For her 16th birthday she begged her parent’s to let them watch Emma’s ballet recital and then in the next moment everything got turned upside down. Throughout her life, Ali has been locked behind doors and forbidden to venture out at night in case a monster was to attack, but she always thought her father to be a drunk crazy man, until that fateful night.

Ali is now living with her Grandparents and starting a new school after summer. Until then she turns into her father watching out her window every night for monsters. Seeing strange images Ali thinks it’s just her imagination. THEN she started school and everything faded away except Cole Holland.

Ali spots Cole and his gang, looking into his eyes everybody else disappeared and a vision of them kissing hits her hard. Breaking from the vision, Cole storms off with a scowl on his beautifully rough face and Ali is confused. Everybody warns Ali to stay away from Cole and his gang, but she is drawn to him and each day she walks in and the same thing happens. Ali doesn’t like confrontation and runs from Cole, but she can’t avoid him forever.

At a club for the first time with her friends and Cole busts in on their dance party, Ali and Cole start kissing and getting so carried away. Needing air, Ali heads outside with Cole close on her tail. The first thing she notices is the smell of rot. Cole went into attack mode and Ali finally answered his questions, yes she could see the monsters, but Cole calls them ZOMBIES.

There’s another crew hunting zombies, but they have different priorities. Ali discovers a journal about zombie slaying and has no clue who has written it. Cole tries to turn Ali away, but when she proves herself as a slayer, he doesn’t stand a chance. Ali is being hunted by zombies, Cole is giving off mixed signals and with her strange abilities, Ali has a tough journey ahead. Will Cole and Ali finally get it together? Can they slay all the zombies before Ali gets captured? Why is she being hunted?

There are so many elements happening in this book that I just can’t do it justice. Ms Showalter is a genius and I will be picking up Through the Zombie Glass ASAP. This book has everything, action, romance, suspense, intrigue, betrayal and heartache; and I highly HIGHLY recommend this book to everybody.

5 ZOMBIE SLAYING HEARTS

5 ZOMBIE SLAYING HEARTS
d14a4-addtogoodreads
hearts

About the Author

Gena Showalter is the New York Times and USA Today best-selling author of the wildly popular White Rabbit Chronicles, the Angels of the Dark, the Lords of the Underworld, and the Otherworld Assassins series. In addition to being a National Reader's Choice and RITA nominee, her romance novels have appeared in Cosmopolitan and Seventeen magazine, and have been translated in multiple languages. She lives in Oklahoma with her family and menagerie of dogs, and truly believes love conquers all.

~ Website ~ Goodreads ~ Twitter ~ Facebook ~