TurnersAntics

Turner's Antics

Day in the life of a Mum with 3 kids and loves to read! With my many gadgets.

5* Book Review of Breathe Into Me by Sara Fawkes

Summary: STANDALONE, FULL-LENGTH NOVEL. HEA ENDING, NO CLIFFHANGERS.

How did my life get so broken? It’s a question Lacey St. James asks herself every day. Stuck raising her little brother in a trailer park while she works a dead end job at a grocery store, she has a stalker exboyfriend, a bad reputation, and no way out.

And then she meets Everett, whose presence changes her entire existence.

Everett is an outsider to her small community, in town for the summer housesitting one of the grand mansions off the Mississippi coast. When he saves her in a bar one night, she’s grateful but wary of his intentions. Lacey doesn’t trust most men in her life, but for reasons Lacey can't understand, Everett is completely captivated by her. He’s determined to show her that life can offer more than she’d ever hoped for, if only she believes in herself. As she works with him to free herself, Lacey desperately yearns to trust him, to move on and perhaps start fresh.

But what happens when she finds out that everything he’s told her about himself was a lie?

Title: Breathe Into Me
Series: N/A - stand alone
Author: Sara Fawkes
Publisher: St Martins Press
Released: 8th April 2014
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance
Format: eGalley
Source: via Publisher on NetGalley - thank you so much!

What an emotionally charged heart wrenching story! I have read a couple of instalments in Anything He Wants series and loved those also. Breathe Into Me has taken my breath away, Sara Fawkes certainly knows how to tell a romance. The characters were fantastic, with realistic issues, horrible back stories and lovely romance. I certainly felt for poor Lacey, who never seemed to catch any good luck.

Lacey St James is a 19 year old that has been living in agony torment for the past 4 years. Being known around the small town of Oyster Cove as trailer trash isn’t something she wanted and definitely wants to high tail it out of there quick smart. But meeting the most handsome boy she’s ever seen has changed her perspective on that.

Being in a relationship with Macon Gautier hasn’t been ideal, but he offered a safe escape from her Grandmother and her drunk Mother. Only thing is that Macon isn’t safe himself, as the days go by, Macon is getting rougher on her and decides he wants to share her. That’s the last straw for Lacey and she tries to run.

Working two jobs, trying to help her broken family survive, Lacey knows it’s her only way out. Macon has other ideas though and comes looking for her. With her jobs not very secure, can she survive long enough to find something more permanent?

Everett Ward is certainly interested in Lacey, but what does he really want? Lacey knows men are always after only one thing and if they offer help, always want something in return. Can’t she trust him?

Lacey has decided passing her GED will open up more job opportunities, only thing is that it has been two years since she left school. Everett has offered to help her study and it will also give him the opportunity to get to know Lacey more.

It appears they have secrets in common and Lacey is really starting to like Everett; especially when she needs him the most. Trying not to physically get involved with him is harder than she thought though, because knowing if that happens he will leave her. What has happened to Lacey that she cannot trust a boy to stick around?

With Macon still fighting for revenge, her Grandmother accusing her of being a tramp and even her own Mother not supporting her; Lacey feels all alone. Realising she has friends she didn’t know existed is the only relief she finds, but can Everett and Lacey share their secrets?

Follow Lacey as she discovers love, betrayal, romance, that gentlemen are out there and who she can trust. Breathe Into Me had me crying along with Lacey throughout her horrible ordeals and laughing when Clare is found in the closet. This is certainly a fun, horribly sad and uplifting read all at once. I highly recommend this to all new adult readers.

5 EMOTIONALLY CHARGED HEARTS

5 EMOTIONALLY CHARGED HEARTS
d14a4-addtogoodreads
hearts

About the Author

Sara Fawkes is an introvert who likes to write. The end.

…not enough? Hoo-boy, alright let’s try this again.

Okay, I was born in Germany and raised all over, although I spent most of my time in California. I’ve been reading and writing since before I could read and write – just ask my mother, she has some of the “books” I “wrote” while in preschool. ;) Elementary school had a lot of essays about, strangely, crocadiles and dragons (thank you Anne McCaffrey); middle school was mostly about telepathic animals. High school was hell, but college was heaven because I found a beautiful thing: fan fiction. I cut my teeth writing what was essentially Young and New Adult fanfics in a variety of fandoms (usually based off scifi TV shows or video games), honing my craft little by little.

My biggest dream was to write for a living, but publishing seemed like such a far-away goal, and difficult to break into. I found out about self-publishing in 2011, and in early 2012 I decided to try my luck with that bold new frontier. Serialized fiction appealed to me; I followed innumerable writers within the fan fiction community who put out their story as they wrote it, and whose work I’d have paid to read. So I figured I’d do an experiment, try my hand in a genre that seemed hot (no pun intended): erotica.

Wow. If I’d known my little story would blow up like it did (in ALL the right ways!)… Wow.

So yeah, that’s me. I currently live in central California, ride a motorcycle, shoot an Olympic recurve bow for fun, hack at my violin when the mood arises, and write for a living. My life has become awesome, and it’s all your (my readers) fault. ;) I’ll never forget that, and am always humbled by that fact.

~ Website ~ Goodreads ~ Twitter ~ Facebook ~ Pinterest ~

f957e-netgalley_logo

Source: http://turnersantics.wordpress.com/2014/04/10/5-book-review-breathe-into-me-by-sara-fawkes