TurnersAntics

Turner's Antics

Day in the life of a Mum with 3 kids and loves to read! With my many gadgets.

5* Book Review of Love, Lex by Avery Aster

Summary: This summer, I’d planned to celebrate my eighteenth birthday in Europe with my fellow Manhattanites—Taddy Brill, Blake Morgan, and Vive Farnworth—until I caught my boyfriend screwing my mother. According to the police report, this vomit-inducing incident happened around the same time I’d supposedly blown-up my mother’s penthouse. Like I’m walking around Soho with a stick of dynamite in my Louis Vuitton purse—not! Now, my besties and I are in jail.

Officer Ford Gotti, the Harley-wheelin’ biker cop who arrested us, keeps sticking his perfectly-sculpted nose into my case. His inked body is jacked like a superhero, and he says I can trust him. He wants me to fess up. I won’t. Not again. Why should I? My friends and I had a previous stint in juvie that nearly destroyed us. I gotta protect them and keep my mouth shut. Right? —Lex Easton, women’s studies major, motorcycle enthusiast, and virgin.

The Undergrad Years is a New Adult contemporary miniseries about first loves, independence, and everlasting friendships.

Reader warning: Contains mature content intended for readers 17 and up.

Title: Love, Lex
Series: The Undergrad Years #1
Author: Avery Aster
Publisher: Self Published
Released: 14th April 2014
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance
Format: eBook
Source: via Xpresso Book Tours for an honest review and via NetGalley

I absolutely loved The Manhattanites series and was very excited to hear about the Undergrad Years series. Avery Aster is fantastic and I am dying here waiting for more from both of her series. I love all the characters, they have fun banter and Lex’s daydreaming was hilarious and hot.

Alexandra (Lex) Easton is seventeen and with parents that are rock stars, life isn’t simple. She’s into motorcycles and has insecurities about her weight. When Lex was thirteen she was sent to boarding school because the paparazzi kept harassing everyone at her other school. But that is where her gang is formed, friends forever, Taddy, Vive and Blake; they will become like family to her and she will need it.

Lex is turning eighteen and they are planning a wonderful trip to Paris where Lex will give her Lady V to her long time high school boyfriend, Kelle Sterling Dolley. The only problem was Lex busted her boyfriend and her mother getting busy. Kelle never really loved Lex and always told her she needed to lose weight. That’s no boyfriend!! Lex is heartbroken and betrayed, packing her stuff she heads off to Vive’s.

On the way, Lex is pulled over on Vamp (her one true love, scooter) by a police officer on a motorcycle no less.  Officer Ford is the hottest policeman she has ever seen. While waiting for the detectives to show, Lex starts daydreaming about what Officer Ford could do for her, but when the detectives do show up, she is arrested along with Vive and Taddy. What is going on?

For her eighteenth birthday, Lex is in jail. Vive questions her friendship with Lex and doesn’t want to be associated with this whole debacle. After the fiasco back in school, Vive panicked and didn’t think she could handle another emotional rollercoaster lawsuit. What happened back in school?

Officer Ford visits and tries to get the truth out of the girls about what happened. Lex starts daydreaming again, she can’t seem to get him out of her head.

Will the girls tell the truth about what happened? Is Lex’s mother ok? Will they still be able to go to Paris? Will they all manage to get out on bail? Will Lex get to see Officer Ford again and bring some of her dreams to life?

This quick introduction into the undergrad years with this troublesome, loyal, high maintenance group was fantastic and I cannot wait to read book 2, Truly, Madly Taddy and Unsaid in The Manhattanites series. Ms Aster is definitely a must read author and all new adult readers should give this a go.

d14a4-addtogoodreads
5  FUN DRAMATIC HEARTS

5 FUN DRAMATIC HEARTS
hearts
Other books in the Undergrad Years and The Manhattanites so far:

trulymadly taddy

My review for Undressed is HERE and Unscrupulous is HERE.

hearts

About the Author

averyasterNew York Times, USA Today bestselling author Avery Aster pens The Manhattanites, a modern romance series of juicy melodramas multilayered on love, friendship, scandal, and drama to the hilt. As a resident of New York’s Upper East Side and a graduate from New York University, Avery gives readers an inside look at the city’s glitzy nightlife, socialite sexcapades and tall tales of the über-rich and ultra-famous. “I write about what I see in my metropolis that never sleeps–beautiful people on the quest for a passionate thrill,” Avery says. By and large, Avery’s characters are ripped straight from the headlines, speak their minds and always get what they want.

Undressed #1 (Lex & Massimo) launched The Manhattanites series. Unscrupulous #2 (Taddy & Warner) is the prequel. Also, stay tuned for the sequel with Unsaid #3 (Blake & Miguel) coming summer 2014.

The Manhattanites is for fans who miss TV shows like Sex & The City or watch Girls (HBO), Revenge (ABC), and The Bold & the Beautiful (CBS) . Avery’s characters are over the top. They have cray-cray fun, speak their minds and always get what they want. Each novel may be read as a stand alone.

XBTHostButton2