TurnersAntics

Turner's Antics

Day in the life of a Mum with 3 kids and loves to read! With my many gadgets.

5* Book Review of Liam's List by Haleigh Lovell

Summary: A New Adult Romance packed with Heat and Heart.

His best friend’s sister.
A list.
A love story.

Can Vivian help Liam heal one steamy encounter at a time?

NOTE: Rated 18+ for language and frequent sex scenes. Complete novel. No cliffhanger. Dual POV.

Title: Liam's List
Series: Companion novel
Author: Haleigh Lovell
Publisher: Verdant Press
Released: 24th April 2014
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance
Format: eGalley
Source: from author in exchange for an honest review ~ thank you!

I read Vivian’s List last November and absolutely loved it. It was unique and Haleigh Lovell’s writing style was superb. When Ms Lovell asked if I would like to read the sequel, I couldn’t say no, I just had to find out what Liam had on his list and where these two lovable characters go. Liam’s List was extraordinary, I was so emotionally attached to this book and I couldn’t put it down. Again Vivian and Liam are struggling to keep their love together and with the fun characters of Julian and Chelsea, it’s incredible!

Liam Sykes is in the military and currently based in Iraq. It was a hard decision to leave Vivian, but Liam wants to finish his term and be done with it. He has made some amazing mates along the way that are more like brothers, but that makes it even harder when he loses some in battle.

Knowing his mission is dangerous Liam is determined to keep his brothers safe and is broken beyond repair when their convoy is attacked. Feelings of guilt, anger and disappointment are emotions that will not go away and Liam returns home a different man.

Vivian knows as soon as she sees Liam that he has changed. His eyes are darker, he won’t smile and everything is rougher. Liam is skittish, quick to anger and alcohol seems to be his only escape. Vivian is worried she is losing him and is fighting with all her might to keep them together. But Liam doesn’t seem to want to fight anymore.

Nothing seems to penetrate Liam’s mind and when Vivian gets some advice from a professor who is a veteran himself, Vivian finally understand some of what Liam is going through. Slowly, very slowly she tries to give him what he needs and in return Liam is figuring out the only safe place for him is in Vivian’s arms. If Vivian can keep holding onto her patience, they just might live happily ever after.

Vivian talks Liam into creating a bucket list, both sensual and conventional. Vivian is surprised with his list and excited to help him fulfil the items. Will working through Liam’s list help bring the couple back together emotionally as well as physically? Can Liam work through his feelings and bring Vivian back into his heart?

Enjoy the ride with Vivian and Liam, and with a little help from Julian (Vivian’s brother) as they try to accept that life and people can change, but love is a constant if you allow it to be. My Dad is a Vietnam Vet and through Ms Lovell’s words, I was able to understand some of the emotions that are attached to that time in his life. I had tears and heartache for Liam (and my Dad) from the meticulous detail of emotion and relationship he dealt with throughout. I cannot put into words the feelings that went through my heart. BUT I highly recommend this book to every new adult romance reader.
5  HEART WRENCHING  HEARTS

5 HEART WRENCHING HEARTS
d14a4-addtogoodreads

Companion to Liam's List:

You can find my review HERE.

About the Author

Haleigh Lovell is the USA Today Bestselling author of Vivian's List. Haleigh received a B.A. in Journalism and a B.A in Sociology from the UW-Madison. Despite training as a journalist and a sociologist, Haleigh soon found she also enjoyed making up her own stories--stories with heat and heart.

An expert at the art of procrastination, Haleigh is easily distracted by food and can often be found snacking on Flamin' Hot Cheetos, Pringles, Kit Kat bars, Toblerones and sushi.